After stabbing his wife, the man dropped her off at the ER, police said, and drove away.
A 45-year-old Marysville man was arrested Saturday after he stabbed his wife multiple times, police said. The woman, 30, was in critical but stable condition Saturday afternoon, awaiting surgery.
Police said the woman reported that her husband stabbed her after learning she was filing for divorce.
He then drove her to Providence Regional Medical Center Everett, dropped her off at the emergency room just before 1 a.m. Saturday, and drove off.
About 7:50 a.m., Whatcom County deputies and Washington State Patrol troopers found the man’s vehicle parked on Chuckanut Drive in Bow, north of Burlington.
Most Read Stories
- What you need to know about Seattle's Women’s March, related events
- Seattle’s largest batch of single-family homes in decades is pitched for ‘oasis’ site
- State by state, here are the most binge-watched TV shows of 2017
- What to make of the Seahawks' hiring of Mike Solari? Walter Jones and Damon Huard weigh in
- The WSU community comes out in full force to honor Tyler Hilinski in a candlelight vigil VIEW
The vehicle was idling and had a hose running from the exhaust pipe into the passenger compartment.
Marysville police booked him into the Snohomish County Jail on Saturday afternoon for investigation of domestic assault in the first degree.