After stabbing his wife, the man dropped her off at the ER, police said, and drove away.
A 45-year-old Marysville man was arrested Saturday after he stabbed his wife multiple times, police said. The woman, 30, was in critical but stable condition Saturday afternoon, awaiting surgery.
Police said the woman reported that her husband stabbed her after learning she was filing for divorce.
He then drove her to Providence Regional Medical Center Everett, dropped her off at the emergency room just before 1 a.m. Saturday, and drove off.
About 7:50 a.m., Whatcom County deputies and Washington State Patrol troopers found the man’s vehicle parked on Chuckanut Drive in Bow, north of Burlington.
Most Read Local Stories
- Paul Allen, Microsoft co-founder and Seahawks owner, dies at 65
- A $21,634 bill? How a homeless woman fought her way out of tow-company hell | Danny Westneat
- One of the brightest meteor showers of the year will soon be visible from Seattle. Here's when to watch
- Washington state's white working class shrinks in share of population — a national trend | FYI Guy
- Dino Rossi has done well in real estate, but his work is also fodder for campaign opponents
The vehicle was idling and had a hose running from the exhaust pipe into the passenger compartment.
Marysville police booked him into the Snohomish County Jail on Saturday afternoon for investigation of domestic assault in the first degree.