One person suffered life-threatening injuries after a shooting Thursday near Nesbit Avenue North and North 90th Street.
One man is dead after a shooting near Licton Springs Thursday. Police have arrested a male suspect.
The shooting happened near Nesbit Avenue North and North 90th Street around 5 p.m., according to Seattle Police. After witnesses called 911 to report the shooting, a man called 911 to say he had shot someone and would talk to police, the Seattle Police Department said in an online post.
The man called 911 from a nearby vehicle, where officers found him and took him into custody “without incident,” the department said. Detectives are now interviewing the man.
The victim was taken to Harborview Medical Center with life-threatening injuries and later died there, according to police.
Most Read Local Stories
- Cruise ship turns back to Seattle after power outage
- Notice a bunny boom? Here are some reasons for the Seattle area's recent rise in rabbits VIEW
- 3 million gallons of untreated sewage spill into Puget Sound, state officials investigating
- Bad omen: Even the Catholics are growing frustrated with Seattle's efforts on homelessness | Danny Westneat
- Questions linger after Canada releases report about 2016 death of endangered orca J34
Police do not believe there are other suspects, according to a spokesman.