No one has been arrested in connection with the death of Shamar Curry, 32.
The King County Medical Examiner’s Office on Tuesday identified Shamar Curry as the 32-year-old man killed Sunday evening next to the Rainier Playfield.
Curry died from a gunshot wound to the torso, and his death has been ruled a homicide, according to investigators.
Seattle police say the shooting occurred shortly after 7 p.m. in the 3700 block of South Oregon Street.
Most Read Local Stories
- UW Medicine mistakenly exposed information on nearly 1 million patients
- If you rely on a bus through downtown, prepare for big changes
- Tim Eyman charged with misdemeanor theft; attorneys call chair's removal from store an accident
- Seattle household net worth ranks among top in nation — but wealth doesn't reach everyone | FYI Guy
- Tim Eyman, accused of stealing office chair, films himself bringing it back WATCH
A second male victim was located after he was taken to Harborview by acquaintances and was interviewed by detectives, police said.
A number of children were playing at Rainier Playfield at the time of the shooting.
No one has been arrested in connection with the fatal shooting.