No one has been arrested in connection with the death of Shamar Curry, 32.
The King County Medical Examiner’s Office on Tuesday identified Shamar Curry as the 32-year-old man killed Sunday evening next to the Rainier Playfield.
Curry died from a gunshot wound to the torso, and his death has been ruled a homicide, according to investigators.
Seattle police say the shooting occurred shortly after 7 p.m. in the 3700 block of South Oregon Street.
Most Read Local Stories
- 'Unwanted subject': What led a Kirkland yogurt shop to call police on a black man | Danny Westneat
- When does the viaduct close? How much is the tunnel toll? Your guide to Seattle's Highway 99 project
- 'I'm just standing up for people's rights': Police chief in tiny Republic says he won’t enforce new gun law
- Uber launching Seattle bike share with 300 bikes Monday, and plans for 5,000
- Feds agree to $1.2 billion in funding for Sound Transit's Lynnwood light-rail line
A second male victim was located after he was taken to Harborview by acquaintances and was interviewed by detectives, police said.
A number of children were playing at Rainier Playfield at the time of the shooting.
No one has been arrested in connection with the fatal shooting.