No one has been arrested in connection with the death of Shamar Curry, 32.
The King County Medical Examiner’s Office on Tuesday identified Shamar Curry as the 32-year-old man killed Sunday evening next to the Rainier Playfield.
Curry died from a gunshot wound to the torso, and his death has been ruled a homicide, according to investigators.
Seattle police say the shooting occurred shortly after 7 p.m. in the 3700 block of South Oregon Street.
Most Read Local Stories
- WA Notify system goes live with COVID exposure notifications for iPhone and Android users in Washington state WATCH
- Coronavirus daily news updates, Nov. 30: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world VIEW
- Why it's time to retire the term 'Asian Pacific Islander'
- This is what a new 90,000-square-foot community center at Seattle's Green Lake could look like VIEW
- Coronavirus daily news updates, Dec. 1: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world VIEW
A second male victim was located after he was taken to Harborview by acquaintances and was interviewed by detectives, police said.
A number of children were playing at Rainier Playfield at the time of the shooting.
No one has been arrested in connection with the fatal shooting.