No one has been arrested in connection with the death of Shamar Curry, 32.
The King County Medical Examiner’s Office on Tuesday identified Shamar Curry as the 32-year-old man killed Sunday evening next to the Rainier Playfield.
Curry died from a gunshot wound to the torso, and his death has been ruled a homicide, according to investigators.
Seattle police say the shooting occurred shortly after 7 p.m. in the 3700 block of South Oregon Street.
Most Read Local Stories
- Armed man attacking Tacoma's ICE detention center killed in officer-involved shooting
- Friday earthquakes on a crustal fault show it's not only the 'Big One' we should fear
- Woman fatally stabbed in Cal Anderson Park
- Driver hits 7-year-old on sidewalk, crashes into power pole in Magnolia
- Homes for sale in Medina are unusually plentiful and 'accessible' these days
A second male victim was located after he was taken to Harborview by acquaintances and was interviewed by detectives, police said.
A number of children were playing at Rainier Playfield at the time of the shooting.
No one has been arrested in connection with the fatal shooting.