The victim, a 42-year old man, is being treated at Harborview Medical Center and is expected to survive, according to Bellevue police.
A man who was shot Sunday morning in an apartment in Bellevue has improved to stable condition, according to local police.
Bellevue police said earlier that they had arrested a suspect in the shooting that left the man seriously injured.
“It appears to have been some kind of family dispute,” Seth Tyler, a spokesman for the Bellevue police department, said by phone.
The victim, a 42-year old man, is being treated at Harborview Medical Center and is expected to survive, Tyler said.
Most Read Local Stories
- Washington becomes first state to legalize human composting
- Waterfront transforming before our eyes as viaduct comes down
- NTSB 'amazed at the amount of failure' by agencies in fatal 2017 Amtrak derailment south of Tacoma
- Low snowpack, hot spring lead to drought declaration for nearly half of Washington state
- Series of small earthquakes detected in Washington and Oregon
Officers responded at 4:13 a.m. to the shooting that took place in a unit of Illahee Apartments in the 14000 block of Bel-Red Road, according to a statement posted on the Bellevue Police Department’s blog. They found a man who was suffering from life-threatening injuries, it said.
Responders administered first aid until medics took the victim to the hospital, the statement said.
A K-9 team from Redmond Police found the suspect, a 31-year-old man, sitting in a car nearby.
There are no other suspects and there is no ongoing danger to the community, according to police, who are still investigating the motive for the shooting.
Correction: The incident took place Sunday. An earlier version of this story incorrectly reported that it occurred Friday.