The victim, a 42-year old man, is being treated at Harborview Medical Center and is expected to survive, according to Bellevue police.
A man who was shot Sunday morning in an apartment in Bellevue has improved to stable condition, according to local police.
Bellevue police said earlier that they had arrested a suspect in the shooting that left the man seriously injured.
“It appears to have been some kind of family dispute,” Seth Tyler, a spokesman for the Bellevue police department, said by phone.
The victim, a 42-year old man, is being treated at Harborview Medical Center and is expected to survive, Tyler said.
Most Read Local Stories
- Daylight saving time: Washington state moving toward an end to the clock change
- 'Shark Tank' star Robert Herjavec owes a debt of gratitude to a homeless shelter in Seattle VIEW
- 22 men arrested in child sex-crime sting in Thurston County
- Despite harm to Puget Sound orcas, Canada should expand Trans Mountain pipeline, energy board says
- Tim Eyman, accused of stealing office chair, films himself bringing it back WATCH
Officers responded at 4:13 a.m. to the shooting that took place in a unit of Illahee Apartments in the 14000 block of Bel-Red Road, according to a statement posted on the Bellevue Police Department’s blog. They found a man who was suffering from life-threatening injuries, it said.
Responders administered first aid until medics took the victim to the hospital, the statement said.
A K-9 team from Redmond Police found the suspect, a 31-year-old man, sitting in a car nearby.
There are no other suspects and there is no ongoing danger to the community, according to police, who are still investigating the motive for the shooting.
Correction: The incident took place Sunday. An earlier version of this story incorrectly reported that it occurred Friday.