Police said they are searching for two suspects after the early-morning shooting Tuesday.
A 31-year-old man was fatally shot in the chest early Tuesday morning at homeless camp in Sodo, police said.
Officers responded to reports of shots fired at the camp, at First Avenue South and South Spokane Street, just before 5 a.m. and found the wounded man, according to a news release from Seattle police.
He was taken to Harborview Medical Center with life-threatening injuries, police said. He later died at the hospital.
Police said they are searching for two suspects.
Most Read Local Stories
- Fierce Seattle warehouse fire on Ship Canal engulfs lumberyard buildings VIEW
- Washington state voters approved new gun regulations in I-1639. Here's what the law will do.
- Four-alarm fire at lumber yard on Seattle's Ship Canal still smoldering VIEW
- Hey GOP: You're dead around here. Time to dump Trump, and look to the 'Nones' | Danny Westneat
- President Jay Inslee? After mixed midterm results, he says 'we will give some thought to that'