Police said they are searching for two suspects after the early-morning shooting Tuesday.
A 31-year-old man was fatally shot in the chest early Tuesday morning at homeless camp in Sodo, police said.
Officers responded to reports of shots fired at the camp, at First Avenue South and South Spokane Street, just before 5 a.m. and found the wounded man, according to a news release from Seattle police.
He was taken to Harborview Medical Center with life-threatening injuries, police said. He later died at the hospital.
Police said they are searching for two suspects.
Most Read Local Stories
- ‘What a mess’: Texts by Seattle mayor, council member shed light on head-tax repeal | Times Watchdog
- Talk about a ‘superload’! Check out what just crawled along Washington highways WATCH
- $46 million complex funded by Paul Allen will house 94 families in South Seattle
- Permanent closure of Alaskan Way Viaduct delayed
- Who would pay a state carbon fee on November ballot, and who gets a pass?