Police said they are searching for two suspects after the early-morning shooting Tuesday.
A 31-year-old man was fatally shot in the chest early Tuesday morning at homeless camp in Sodo, police said.
Officers responded to reports of shots fired at the camp, at First Avenue South and South Spokane Street, just before 5 a.m. and found the wounded man, according to a news release from Seattle police.
He was taken to Harborview Medical Center with life-threatening injuries, police said. He later died at the hospital.
Police said they are searching for two suspects.
Most Read Local Stories
- Washington state is No. 1. Of course! But which states are the worst?
- Washington woman accuses Craigslist, major hotel chains of profiting from child sex trafficking
- How a Seattle attorney with 'heart of gold' ended up fleecing her brain-damaged client | Danny Westneat
- Driver 'appeared to be dancing and smiling' after Aurora crash that killed 2, charging papers say
- 'Sneaky' underwater robot spent 18 days recording sea creatures — and noisy humans, too