Police said they are searching for two suspects after the early-morning shooting Tuesday.
A 31-year-old man was fatally shot in the chest early Tuesday morning at homeless camp in Sodo, police said.
Officers responded to reports of shots fired at the camp, at First Avenue South and South Spokane Street, just before 5 a.m. and found the wounded man, according to a news release from Seattle police.
He was taken to Harborview Medical Center with life-threatening injuries, police said. He later died at the hospital.
Police said they are searching for two suspects.
Most Read Local Stories
- After 7-year battle, Lake City neighbors rejoice as Lake Washington dead end becomes a public beach
- Crash kills woman, critically injures 2 children near Sammamish
- Driver runs down, kills 2 people at Washington beach
- Man plunges 60 feet into Lake Washington while fleeing officer on 520 bridge, police say
- German tourists run over, killed at Washington swimming hole