Police said they are searching for two suspects after the early-morning shooting Tuesday.
A 31-year-old man was fatally shot in the chest early Tuesday morning at homeless camp in Sodo, police said.
Officers responded to reports of shots fired at the camp, at First Avenue South and South Spokane Street, just before 5 a.m. and found the wounded man, according to a news release from Seattle police.
He was taken to Harborview Medical Center with life-threatening injuries, police said. He later died at the hospital.
Police said they are searching for two suspects.
Most Read Local Stories
- Debt collectors that ‘sue, sue, sue’ can squeeze Washington state consumers for more cash
- Charging extra to get there? The Boeing story is yet another sign we're a corporatocracy | Danny Westneat
- City removes homeless camp near Seattle's Fremont Troll that was site of overdoses
- Woman sets world record in Seattle for calculating the value of pi to 31.4 trillion decimal places | Nicole Brodeur
- Man dies after bus hits his car on I-90 near North Bend