Witnesses said a fight in Ballard's Golden Gardens Park had broken out and two men, one with a rifle and another with a handgun, were shooting at each other. A man was taken to Harborview Medical Center after being shot in the back.
A man was found with a graze wound to his back at Golden Gardens Park about midnight Wednesday after witnesses reported a gunfight between two people, police said.
About 11:15 p.m. Tuesday, witnesses began calling 911 to report shots were fired in the park. Some reported that a fight had broken out and two men, one with a rifle and another with a handgun, were shooting at each other.
The injured man was taken to Harborview Medical Center and is recovering, police said.
Police said they found 21 rifle rounds and six 0.380-caliber rounds in the area where witnesses said the shooting took place. The witnesses told police that after a fight a man pulled out a rifle and began shooting, and a second man pulled out a handgun to return fire, police said.
Most Read Local Stories
- Coronavirus daily news updates, July 12: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- 2 dead, 2 hurt in shooting and stabbing in downtown Bellevue
- Violence that killed two in Bellevue began with domestic dispute, police say
- Alaska flight forced to return to Sea-Tac Airport after man threatens passengers Saturday night WATCH
- Meet the Youth Liberation Front behind a militant marathon of Portland protests VIEW
The Seattle Police Department gang units are investigating and ask anyone with information to call 206-233-5000, authorities said.