Witnesses to the assault said the man was attacked shortly after 10 p.m.; police are saying the assault was not random.
Seattle Police detectives are investigating the stabbing death of a young man Saturday night in West Seattle near Alki Beach.
Detective Patrick Michaud said the victim, in his 20s, was likely targeted by his assailants. He said the department began receiving 911 calls shortly after 10 p.m. Saturday night, reporting the assault near Alki Avenue Southwest and Harbor Avenue Southwest.
Responding officers attempted to resuscitate the man, but he died at the scene, Michaud said.
There were witnesses to the attack, and homicide detectives are working with them to develop a description of the suspect, Michaud said. The investigation is active and detectives ask that anyone with information call the assault tip line at 206-233-5000.
Most Read Local Stories
- Homelessness divided a small Western Washington town. And then the fighting started.
- Police release video of suspect in deadly Westlake Station shooting
- Light rail hit by another violent incident with Westlake gunman still at large; police release video
- As Bering Sea ice melts, Alaskans, scientists and Seattle's fishing fleet witness changes 'on a massive scale' VIEW
- Police had a citizen set up a sting to buy back his stolen stuff. Then, they didn't show up. | Danny Westneat