Witnesses to the assault said the man was attacked shortly after 10 p.m.; police are saying the assault was not random.
Seattle Police detectives are investigating the stabbing death of a young man Saturday night in West Seattle near Alki Beach.
Detective Patrick Michaud said the victim, in his 20s, was likely targeted by his assailants. He said the department began receiving 911 calls shortly after 10 p.m. Saturday night, reporting the assault near Alki Avenue Southwest and Harbor Avenue Southwest.
Responding officers attempted to resuscitate the man, but he died at the scene, Michaud said.
There were witnesses to the attack, and homicide detectives are working with them to develop a description of the suspect, Michaud said. The investigation is active and detectives ask that anyone with information call the assault tip line at 206-233-5000.
Most Read Stories
- Snohomish County man has the United States’ first known case of Wuhan coronavirus
- 5 of the Seattle area's most changed neighborhoods: We crunched the data on population, income, jobs
- 'We were before our time': Remembering the fight to change King County's namesake from a slave owner to a civil-rights leader VIEW
- Did the Seahawks make a mistake by letting Richard Sherman go?
- How white families with young children can work to undo racism