Detectives are searching for a male and his girlfriend after a man was set on fire in Fremont.
A man was set on fire in the Fremont area of Seattle on Tuesday evening and taken to Harborview Medical Center, where he was in critical condition, according to the Seattle Police Department’s (SPD) blotter.
The incident took place in the 4500 block of Leary Way Northwest. Around 7 p.m., a passer-by saw the man on fire and called 911. As the two waited for medics, the passer-by put out the flames.
Detectives are searching for a male and his girlfriend. If you have information, contact SPD’s tip line for homicides and assaults, 206-233-5000.
Most Read Local Stories
- Weather drama on the way: Lots of rain in Seattle, snow in the Cascades, wind at the coast
- Seattle zoning's urban-suburban divide: Here's how the city's two halves are changing | FYI Guy
- Seattle City Council approves plan for UW to build 6 million square feet, add high-rise district
- After the viaduct: Seattle's vision for waterfront up in the air because some property owners don't want to pay
- SeaTac Councilmember Amina Ahmed dies in car crash 7 weeks after joining council