Devonte Malik Crawford was sentenced Monday to 30 years in prison.
PORT ORCHARD, Wash. (AP) — A man who beat another man with an aluminum baseball bat during a robbery, and then left him in the parking lot of a Washington elementary school, has been sentenced.
The Kitsap Sun reports 22-year-old Devonte Malik Crawford was sentenced Monday to 30 years in prison.
Crawford pleaded guilty to being an accomplice to armed first-degree robbery with an aggravator for showing a lack of remorse and a count of armed first-degree assault with the same aggravator.
Crawford was the last of four people sentenced for the June 2017 robbery, where one of the group posed as a prostitute on a dating app to lure Nathan Koprek with the expectation he was going to pay a woman $300 for sex.
Most Read Local Stories
- Washington may become first state to legalize human composting
- Man with 8th DUI arrest appears in court as Washington weighs how to protect the public from extreme offenders WATCH
- What an Olympic medalist, homeless in Seattle, wants you to know
- Washington state senator draws anger after saying nurses probably spend time playing cards
- Semi rolls over, spills human waste onto interstate
Koprek attended the hearing but did not speak in court. He declined to comment.
Information from: Kitsap Sun, http://www.kitsapsun.com/