Devonte Malik Crawford was sentenced Monday to 30 years in prison.
PORT ORCHARD, Wash. (AP) — A man who beat another man with an aluminum baseball bat during a robbery, and then left him in the parking lot of a Washington elementary school, has been sentenced.
The Kitsap Sun reports 22-year-old Devonte Malik Crawford was sentenced Monday to 30 years in prison.
Crawford pleaded guilty to being an accomplice to armed first-degree robbery with an aggravator for showing a lack of remorse and a count of armed first-degree assault with the same aggravator.
Crawford was the last of four people sentenced for the June 2017 robbery, where one of the group posed as a prostitute on a dating app to lure Nathan Koprek with the expectation he was going to pay a woman $300 for sex.
Most Read Local Stories
- ‘The Property’: A family's getaway cabin defined its dreams, until a tragic Sunday morning VIEW
- I-1639 the most ambitious effort at gun regulation in Washington state’s history
- Controversy heats up over removal of Lower Snake River dams as orcas suffer losses VIEW
- Seattle may be warmer than usual this fall, meteorologists say
- Washington's top Republican congressional candidates say they don't need a Trump visit
Koprek attended the hearing but did not speak in court. He declined to comment.
Information from: Kitsap Sun, http://www.kitsapsun.com/