A man found dead Monday inside an abandoned van in Renton was slain, police said.
Renton police say that a man found dead inside an abandoned van on Monday morning was slain.
The King County Medical Examiner’s Office identified the victim as Jamar Bovan, and said that Bovan died on June 29 of gunshot wounds.
Police said that the 39-year-old Burien man had been shot numerous times.
Renton police Cmdr. David Leibman said Bovan’s body had been in the van for several days. The van had been parked on the shoulder of the 100 block of Southwest Victoria Street near Renton Avenue South.
Most Read Local Stories
- We now know where Seattle's airborne heart was headed after Southwest flight was turned around
- Dallas-bound flight returns to Seattle after human heart was left onboard
- Burned bear Cinder shot and killed by hunter in Washington
- Rare brain-eating amoebas killed Seattle woman who rinsed her sinuses with tap water. Doctor warns this could happen again
- Gov. Inslee proposes $54.4B state budget with new tax on capital gains
No arrests have been made.