A man found dead Monday inside an abandoned van in Renton was slain, police said.
Renton police say that a man found dead inside an abandoned van on Monday morning was slain.
The King County Medical Examiner’s Office identified the victim as Jamar Bovan, and said that Bovan died on June 29 of gunshot wounds.
Police said that the 39-year-old Burien man had been shot numerous times.
Renton police Cmdr. David Leibman said Bovan’s body had been in the van for several days. The van had been parked on the shoulder of the 100 block of Southwest Victoria Street near Renton Avenue South.
Most Read Local Stories
- Controversy heats up over removal of Lower Snake River dams as orcas suffer losses VIEW
- Highway 520 bridge to reopen after closure in both directions due to police activity
- GOP leaders call for state Rep. Matt Manweller to resign after latest sexual misconduct allegation
- San Francisco is cracking down on tent camps. Will Seattle do the same? VIEW
- Teens arrested in connection with fatal drive-by shooting in Burien identified through school surveillance footage
No arrests have been made.