A man found dead Monday inside an abandoned van in Renton was slain, police said.
Renton police say that a man found dead inside an abandoned van on Monday morning was slain.
The King County Medical Examiner’s Office identified the victim as Jamar Bovan, and said that Bovan died on June 29 of gunshot wounds.
Police said that the 39-year-old Burien man had been shot numerous times.
Renton police Cmdr. David Leibman said Bovan’s body had been in the van for several days. The van had been parked on the shoulder of the 100 block of Southwest Victoria Street near Renton Avenue South.
Most Read Local Stories
- Gunfire at Tumwater Walmart; police say gunman killed by armed civilian during carjacking
- Evergreen State College is updating after protests, decline in enrollment VIEW
- Yet another casualty of Seattle’s progress: ‘Where will a stylish man turn?’ | Danny Westneat VIEW
- 'Oh my god': Giant 45-pound catfish caught in Green Lake WATCH
- Man found fatally shot in Shoreline
No arrests have been made.