The 33-year-old man was fatally shot by on Monday night after Federal Way police say he pointed a gun at officers.
Robert James Lightfeather, 33, was identified Thursday as the man fatally shot by Federal Way police on Monday night, according to the King County Medical Examiner’s Office.
Lightfeather died from multiple gunshot wounds and his death is being investigated by the Valley Investigation Team, made up of members of South King County police agencies, with Kent and Renton police leading the investigation.
According to Federal Way police, a man threatened two other men with a gun at South 316th Street and Pacific Highway South about 10:30 p.m. Monday, and police were called.
Two officers, who were nearby and quickly arrived at the scene, simultaneously fired their weapons when the man pointed his gun at them, police said at the time.
Most Read Local Stories
- In Seattle's Sodo district, frustration mounts amid RVs, drugs and skyrocketing crime VIEW
- Outrageous! Seattle isn't the best coffee city in the country, says new survey
- Seattle woman faces eviction for failing to pay $2 she owed in rent
- Seattle is home to two women's marches this weekend amid divisions within local, national orgs
- Where to see the total lunar eclipse Sunday
The officers, who were not injured, have been placed on paid administrative leave, as is standard following a police shooting.