The victim was found early Sunday after someone set off a fire alarm in a recreation room at a Redmond apartment complex.
The King County Medical Examiner’s Office has identified Adrian Anguiano as the man who was fatally shot at a Redmond apartment complex early on New Year’s Day.
Anguiano, 20, died from a gunshot wound to the neck and his death has been ruled a homicide, according to death investigators.
Redmond firefighters responded to a fire alarm set off inside a large recreation room at the complex at 16800 N.E. 39th Court around 2 a.m. Sunday, police said. They didn’t find a fire but determined the alarm was likely set off by people smoking indoors.
While on scene, firefighters heard what sounded like a gunshot and called for police backup and medical assistance. Arriving officers found Anguiano dead from a gunshot wound just outside the recreation building, where a party had been under way.
Most Read Local Stories
- Seattle City Council votes to override Mayor Jenny Durkan's vetoes of police and public-safety changes to 2020 budget
- Poll: Jay Inslee leads Loren Culp in Washington governor's race; Biden far ahead of Trump
- After 80 lawsuits against Trump, this one's the big one
- Coronavirus daily news updates, September 22: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- Coronavirus daily news updates, September 23: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
No arrests have been made.