The Coast Guard says an early-morning paddleboat accident near Burien claimed the life of man.
SEATTLE (AP) — The Coast Guard says a man has died and a woman is in critical condition after their paddleboat capsized in Puget Sound just south of Seattle.
The man was taken by helicopter to Boeing airfield where local paramedics pronounced him dead around 5:30 a.m. Sunday.
Crews found the woman unresponsive in the water. She was taken to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle.
The Coast Guard says it received a call just before 3 a.m. Sunday about two people aboard a 15-foot paddleboat potentially hit by bad weather off Burien, south of Seattle. Coast Guard crews were able to talk to them by cellphone and reported hearing a loud scream before losing the connection.
Most Read Local Stories
- What an Olympic medalist, homeless in Seattle, wants you to know
- Permanent daylight saving time passes state Senate 46-2; here’s what’s next
- King County population growth hits decade low, census data shows | FYI Guy
- Measles outbreak pushes Washington state toward a vaccine crackdown
- Police: Kent carjacking victim found dead in pickup
Crews found the capsized vessel near Seahurst Park.