The Coast Guard says an early-morning paddleboat accident near Burien claimed the life of man.
SEATTLE (AP) — The Coast Guard says a man has died and a woman is in critical condition after their paddleboat capsized in Puget Sound just south of Seattle.
The man was taken by helicopter to Boeing airfield where local paramedics pronounced him dead around 5:30 a.m. Sunday.
Crews found the woman unresponsive in the water. She was taken to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle.
The Coast Guard says it received a call just before 3 a.m. Sunday about two people aboard a 15-foot paddleboat potentially hit by bad weather off Burien, south of Seattle. Coast Guard crews were able to talk to them by cellphone and reported hearing a loud scream before losing the connection.
Most Read Local Stories
- Surprise! If you get a call from this man, it’s no scam. The state really has money for you.
- How Puget Sound-area school districts will make up days lost to historic snowfall
- Washington handles runaway foster kids with handcuffs, shackles and jail. Is there a better way?
- Tim Eyman under investigation in theft of $70 chair from Office Depot WATCH
- Amazon puts the smile in federal income taxes — by not paying any | Danny Westneat
Crews found the capsized vessel near Seahurst Park.