A man was killed Sunday afternoon in a crash in Lynnwood.
A man was killed Sunday afternoon in Lynnwood after another driver hit his car.
Police are investigating the collision, which happened around 3:45 p.m. near the 19700 block of northbound 76th Avenue West. Police believe the suspect in the fatal crash was speeding and hit an unoccupied parked car before hitting the other driver, according to a news release.
Edmonds Police captured the suspect, a man in his 20s, after he tried to run away from the crash scene, according to the release.
The man who was hit died of his injuries after being taken to Harborview Medical Center.
Most Read Local Stories
- Man dies after bus hits his car on I-90 near North Bend
- Debt collectors that ‘sue, sue, sue’ can squeeze Washington state consumers for more cash
- Itchy eyes and scratchy throat? Welcome to Western Washington's tree-pollen allergy season
- Canadian company applies for permit for exploratory mining in headwaters of Skagit River
- Tri-Cities rancher says blizzard killed 29 cows, but deputies suspect he let them starve
Neither car had any passengers, according to the release.