A man was killed Sunday afternoon in a crash in Lynnwood.
A man was killed Sunday afternoon in Lynnwood after another driver hit his car.
Police are investigating the collision, which happened around 3:45 p.m. near the 19700 block of northbound 76th Avenue West. Police believe the suspect in the fatal crash was speeding and hit an unoccupied parked car before hitting the other driver, according to a news release.
Edmonds Police captured the suspect, a man in his 20s, after he tried to run away from the crash scene, according to the release.
The man who was hit died of his injuries after being taken to Harborview Medical Center.
Most Read Local Stories
- Microsoft pledges $500 million to tackle housing crisis in Seattle, Eastside
- 3 found dead in Sammamish a longtime Realtor, author, their son, relative says
- Video released of Seattle police sergeant who sat in a chair in front of a man's workplace, seeking an apology WATCH
- Total lunar eclipse coming this weekend; here's when you can see it
- 'Pretty rare in January': Seattle just set a record for warm temperatures
Neither car had any passengers, according to the release.