A man was killed Sunday afternoon in a crash in Lynnwood.
A man was killed Sunday afternoon in Lynnwood after another driver hit his car.
Police are investigating the collision, which happened around 3:45 p.m. near the 19700 block of northbound 76th Avenue West. Police believe the suspect in the fatal crash was speeding and hit an unoccupied parked car before hitting the other driver, according to a news release.
Edmonds Police captured the suspect, a man in his 20s, after he tried to run away from the crash scene, according to the release.
The man who was hit died of his injuries after being taken to Harborview Medical Center.
Most Read Local Stories
- 4,500 Expedia employees are coming to Interbay in Seattle. How will the company avoid a traffic mess? VIEW
- After 7-year battle, Lake City neighbors rejoice as Lake Washington dead end becomes a public beach
- The inside story of MCAS: How Boeing's 737 MAX system gained power and lost safeguards | Times Watchdog VIEW
- Man in serious condition after shooting on Capitol Hill, officials say
- Crash kills woman, critically injures 2 children near Sammamish
Neither car had any passengers, according to the release.