Police say the victim was not random and may have been involved in crime.
A man was shot to death early Sunday morning in Kent, according to police.
The department in a news release said patrol units were sent to the 25100 block of 74th Avenue South around 1:50 a.m. after reports of gunshots in the area.
On arrival, they found a 25-year-old man suffering from gunshot wounds who was unconscious and unresponsive.
Preliminary information indicated that the shooting was not random, that the victim was targeted, and that the motive “may be linked to the victim’s association to criminal activity,” the department said in a news release.
Most Read Local Stories
- U.S. officials drill out locks at former Russian consul residence in Seattle's Madison Park VIEW
- The sirens are sounding on homelessness. Just not here. | Danny Westneat
- It's happening: Seattle makes history for record-breaking warmth VIEW
- $930 million Move Seattle levy falling behind on project promises, review finds
- After #MeToo movement, King County Metro Transit sees more reports of sexual misconduct
Investigators are interviewing potential witnesses, processing the crime scene, and following up on all available leads. There is no description of a suspect.