Police say the victim was not random and may have been involved in crime.
A man was shot to death early Sunday morning in Kent, according to police.
The department in a news release said patrol units were sent to the 25100 block of 74th Avenue South around 1:50 a.m. after reports of gunshots in the area.
On arrival, they found a 25-year-old man suffering from gunshot wounds who was unconscious and unresponsive.
Preliminary information indicated that the shooting was not random, that the victim was targeted, and that the motive “may be linked to the victim’s association to criminal activity,” the department said in a news release.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle's Women's March: How it unfolded
- The WSU community comes out in full force to honor Tyler Hilinski in a candlelight vigil VIEW
- Amazon Go cashierless convenience store opening to the public VIEW
- What you need to know about Seattle's Women’s March, related events
- Washington’s coast battered by major waves, flooding WATCH
Investigators are interviewing potential witnesses, processing the crime scene, and following up on all available leads. There is no description of a suspect.