Police say the victim was not random and may have been involved in crime.
A man was shot to death early Sunday morning in Kent, according to police.
The department in a news release said patrol units were sent to the 25100 block of 74th Avenue South around 1:50 a.m. after reports of gunshots in the area.
On arrival, they found a 25-year-old man suffering from gunshot wounds who was unconscious and unresponsive.
Preliminary information indicated that the shooting was not random, that the victim was targeted, and that the motive “may be linked to the victim’s association to criminal activity,” the department said in a news release.
Most Read Local Stories
- Paul Allen, Microsoft co-founder and Seahawks owner, dies at 65
- Seattle homeless camp that allows alcohol, drug use is losing its management as tensions escalate VIEW
- Transfers at Husky Stadium station were 'horrendous,' for some users, so U District community devised a plan for its future stop
- Wolf spider is autumn’s most frightening home intruder
- ‘The Property’: A family's getaway cabin defined its dreams, until a tragic Sunday morning VIEW
Investigators are interviewing potential witnesses, processing the crime scene, and following up on all available leads. There is no description of a suspect.