Police say the victim was not random and may have been involved in crime.
A man was shot to death early Sunday morning in Kent, according to police.
The department in a news release said patrol units were sent to the 25100 block of 74th Avenue South around 1:50 a.m. after reports of gunshots in the area.
On arrival, they found a 25-year-old man suffering from gunshot wounds who was unconscious and unresponsive.
Preliminary information indicated that the shooting was not random, that the victim was targeted, and that the motive “may be linked to the victim’s association to criminal activity,” the department said in a news release.
Most Read Local Stories
- End Daylight Saving Time in Washington? Why a state lawmaker thinks the effort has a chance this year
- Seattle-area residents least likely in nation to give their neighborhoods top marks | FYI Guy
- Decade of heavy storms has helped Northwest glaciers, but don't expect that to last, studies show
- Teen shot at Walmart in Renton was a 'good kid' and father of two, grandmother says
- Scientists identify another possible threat to orcas: pink salmon
Investigators are interviewing potential witnesses, processing the crime scene, and following up on all available leads. There is no description of a suspect.