Police say the victim was not random and may have been involved in crime.
A man was shot to death early Sunday morning in Kent, according to police.
The department in a news release said patrol units were sent to the 25100 block of 74th Avenue South around 1:50 a.m. after reports of gunshots in the area.
On arrival, they found a 25-year-old man suffering from gunshot wounds who was unconscious and unresponsive.
Preliminary information indicated that the shooting was not random, that the victim was targeted, and that the motive “may be linked to the victim’s association to criminal activity,” the department said in a news release.
Most Read Local Stories
- ‘Deadliest Catch’ co-star Edgar Hansen pleads guilty to sexually assaulting teen girl
- Is the GOP a party, or a cult? | Danny Westneat
- Seattle cops hit the streets for lip-sync challenge WATCH
- Carmen Best, once rejected, is Seattle mayor's pick for top cop. Citizens have 'a lot of questions' about how this went.
- 'Enjoy it while you can': Cooler weather offers 3-day reprieve from heat for Seattle area
Investigators are interviewing potential witnesses, processing the crime scene, and following up on all available leads. There is no description of a suspect.