A 25-year-old man was killed in an early Thursday shooting in Kent, according to police.
Police said the shooting, about 2 a.m. near the 22400 block of Benson Road Southeast, appears to have been the result of a dispute between two people who knew each other.
“Early investigation indicates that there was a dispute between the victim and another individual who fled the scene before police arrived,” Kent police said in a news statement. “There is limited suspect information and nothing conclusive to release at this time.”
Police said investigators are interviewing potential witnesses, processing the crime scene and following up on available leads.
Most Read Local Stories
- As STEM majors soar at UW, interest in humanities shrinks — a potentially costly loss
- Teen shot at Walmart in Renton was a 'good kid' and father of two, grandmother says
- New Yorker article about marijuana strikes nerve with pot researchers
- Seattle-area residents least likely in nation to give their neighborhoods top marks | FYI Guy
- $3M awarded to children molested by 'psychopath' foster child placed by state with Island County family