Police have said the victim was likely targeted. There have been no updates on the homicide investigation.
The King County Medical Examiner’s Office has identified Jonathan C. Pecina, 22, as the man killed Saturday night north of Alki Beach in West Seattle.
Pecina died from a stab wound to his neck and his death has been ruled a homicide, according to death investigators.
Seattle police began receiving 911 calls shortly after 10 p.m. Saturday, reporting the assault near Alki Avenue Southwest and Harbor Avenue Southwest, a police spokesman said at the time. The two streets merge into one another at the northern tip of the West Seattle peninsula, overlooking Elliott Bay.
Police have said Pecina, who died at the scene, was likely targeted. There have been no updates on the homicide investigation.
Most Read Local Stories
- What's the region's second-fastest growing neighborhood? Hint: It's not in Seattle. | FYI Guy
- AG Ferguson: Washington, other states to sue Trump administration over separating immigrant families at border
- Pastor who shot suspect in Tumwater carjacking spree tells his story WATCH
- Another decades-old Tacoma murder solved? Suspected killer of 12-year-old Michella Welch arrested
- What do you want to understand about homelessness? Ask us
Attempts to reach Pecina’s relatives were unsuccessful Friday. According to his online obituary, Pecina’s funeral was held Friday in Everett.