Officials are investigating the death of a dog that was found skinned and beheaded in Port Orchard.
PORT ORCHARD — Kitsap animal control is investigating the death of a dog that was found skinned and beheaded near a Port Orchard Wal-Mart.
The Kitsap Sun reports that a Wal-Mart employee called animal control on Tuesday to report that the body of a small male dog was found in a parking lot near a wooded area near the store.
Rebekah Johnson of the Kitsap Humane Society says the dog appeared to have been dead for two to five days and had no identifying information. A necropsy found the dog was between 1 and 2 years old.
Animal-control officials say the person responsible for the dog’s death could face first-degree animal cruelty, a felony.
Most Read Stories
- A Washington county that went for Trump is shaken as immigrant neighbors start disappearing VIEW
- Seattle hits record high for income inequality, now rivals San Francisco
- Seahawks' Kam Chancellor likely out for season, report says, but Pete Carroll says nothing official yet WATCH
- Anthony Bourdain brought 'Parts Unknown' to Seattle — here's where he ate
- Kickoff time, TV info announced for 110th Apple Cup