The husband of Heart lead singer Ann Wilson is being held on investigation of assaulting two young male relatives during the pair’s show at White River Amphitheatre on Friday night.
The husband of Heart lead singer Ann Wilson is being held on investigation of assaulting two young male relatives during the artist’s show at White River Amphitheatre on Friday night.
Dean Stuart Wetter, 65, appeared in King County District Court on Monday. Bail was set at $10,000. He will make his second appearance Wednesday.
According to probable-cause documents:
The boys were watching the show from backstage when they left to walk around. They were walking past the tour buses when they saw Ann Wilson’s new tour bus and Wetter standing outside.
Most Read Local Stories
- Homelessness divided a small Western Washington town. And then the fighting started.
- As Bering Sea ice melts, Alaskans, scientists and Seattle's fishing fleet witness changes 'on a massive scale' VIEW
- Light rail hit by another violent incident with Westlake gunman still at large; police release video
- Police release video of suspect in deadly Westlake Station shooting
- Police had a citizen set up a sting to buy back his stolen stuff. Then, they didn't show up. | Danny Westneat
The boys asked to see the inside of the bus. Wetter told them to go ahead, but to be careful with the dogs inside. The boys went into the bus and walked out a short time later, leaving the door open.
Wetter started yelling at one of them, calling him names. Wetter then slapped the boy in the back of the head, then punched him in the back of the head with a closed fist, “causing him pain and to see stars.”
Wetter then grabbed the boy by the throat. When the other boy stepped in to help, Wetter grabbed him by the throat “And squeezed to the point he could not breathe for about five seconds before letting go.”
One of the boys “later complained of a sore, raspy throat, fear of dying and pain in his throat area.”
Wetter was arrested at the amphitheater at 2:26 a.m. and booked into King County Jail at the Maleng Regional Justice Center in Kent.
Wetter, who listed his address in Hayward, Calif., married Ann Wilson, also 65, in April of last year. The two dated briefly in the 1980s and reunited a few years ago.
Ann Wilson was not in court and is on tour.