Fire damages home in historic Queen Anne district, send a man and woman to the hospital.
Seattle firefighters battled a house fire in the Queen Anne neighborhood Monday evening that sent a man and woman to the hospital.
Authorities responded to the fire at 2910 9th Avenue W. at 7:30 p.m. and had it under control by 8 p.m. according to the Seattle Fire Department Twitter feed.
A man and woman, both 70, were transported to Harbor View Medical Center in stable condition, the fire department posted.
The call initially dispatched as a rubbish fire, but as more calls came in it became clear it was a house fire, the department’s public information officer, Hilton Almond, said in an email.
Most Read Local Stories
- Homelessness divided a small Western Washington town. And then the fighting started.
- As Bering Sea ice melts, Alaskans, scientists and Seattle's fishing fleet witness changes 'on a massive scale' WATCH
- Heavy rain, gale winds headed our way — but nicer weather may be back soon
- Light rail hit by another violent incident with Westlake gunman still at large; police release video
- Police release video of suspect in deadly Westlake Station shooting
Hilton said no firefighters were injured. He did have an estimate of the damages, and said the fire is still under investigation.