Police are investigating breakin in which one juvenile suspect was reportedly shot by a homeowner
YAKIMA (AP) — Yakima police are investigating after several masked suspects broke into a home and one was shot by the homeowner.
Yakima police say the suspects broke in at 4:40 a.m. Sunday. Both the suspects and the homeowner were armed.
The homeowner detained one of the suspects and shot at two others as they fled.
One of the suspects was struck in the chest and hospitalized in critical condition. Police say the suspects were juveniles.
Most Read Local Stories
- These Seattle-area businesses got called out the most for alleged COVID-19 violations
- Coronavirus daily news updates, October 30: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world VIEW
- Daylight saving time ends this weekend: Don't let 'fall back' worsen your 2020 depression
- Hundreds of shelter dogs, cats flown across the Pacific VIEW
- 'Wretched human being' for president: How the Spokane paper's bizarre plug for Trump revealed a hard truth
The suspect’s vehicle was found nearby and two male passengers were detained by police.