A 23-year-old man was arrested on Capitol Hill after threatening a bar bouncer with a homemade spear and lobbing a Batman-style throwing star at a police car.
A 23-year-old man was arrested Monday on Capitol Hill after he hurled a “batarang” — a throwing star in the shape of the Batman logo — at a Seattle police car, police said.
Police were called to a bar near East Olive Way and East Denny Way about 6:30 p.m. after receiving reports that a man had threatened a bouncer with a homemade spear: a metal pole with a knife attached to the end.
The man left and was pursued by two officers in a patrol car, police said. During the pursuit, the officers saw him throw something at the vehicle, which they later discovered was a “sharp, black Batman-style throwing star,” that stuck to the front end of the SUV, according to an online account of the incident.
The officers caught up with the man in the 800 block of East Denny Way, and he was booked for investigation of felony assault, police said. Police are requesting additional weapons and obstruction charges.
Most Read Local Stories
- Washington becomes first state to legalize human composting
- Waterfront transforming before our eyes as viaduct comes down
- Low snowpack, hot spring lead to drought declaration for nearly half of Washington state
- NTSB 'amazed at the amount of failure' by agencies in fatal 2017 Amtrak derailment south of Tacoma
- In the aftermath of a drug bust, Seattle homeless camp is cleaned up again VIEW