A woman died Thursday after she was hit by a bus near the Northgate Mall.
A woman died Thursday after she was struck by a Metro bus at the Northgate Transit Center.
Seattle police say the woman, who was in her 90s, died at the scene. A department drug recognition expert said the driver had no obvious signs of impairment, police said.
Seattle Fire Department spokeswoman Lt. Sue Stangl said fire crews were called to First Avenue Northeast and Northeast 100th Street just after 3 p.m. Firefighters pulled the woman from underneath the vehicle.
Jeff Switzer, spokesman for King County Metro Transit, said the Route 16 bus had just left the Northgate Transit Center and traveling east on Northeast 100th Street when the accident happened.
Most Read Local Stories
- Missing Lummi Nation woman found alive, aunt says
- Washington state analyzed two COVID scenarios for fall. One is much worse than the other
- King County head of homelessness may be an 'impossible' job, but Marc Dones is optimistic
- Coronavirus daily news updates, September 24: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
The Northgate Transit Center was closed during the investigation.