A weeklong FBI operation aimed at helping sexually exploited children recovered three juveniles in Washington state.
SEATTLE — A weeklong FBI operation aimed at helping sexually exploited children recovered three juveniles in Washington state.
The FBI task force also made contact with 119 adults who were being victimized through prostitution.
FBI spokeswoman Ayn Dietrich says some of the adult victims had been forced into engaging in prostitution since they were juveniles. The victims were offered services in the community, including job training, housing, counseling and medical help.
Officials arrested 11 people suspect of exploiting children and adults. They also recovered cash, drugs, a gun and several vehicles.
Most Read Local Stories
- Sammamish tops list of rich cities, so what do people there do for work? Here are the top jobs. | FYI Guy
- First of six weather systems rolls into Seattle area; at least a week of rain ahead
- Seattle, King County to stop taking plastic bags in recycling
- 'Totally avoidable': state faults, fines companies in collapse of Seattle tower crane in April VIEW
- 'Hunter killer assassins': Why the Boeing saga is the story of our times | Danny Westneat
The operation took place last week and included cities in eastern and western Washington.
Operation Cross Country was part of a national effort.