Two suspects in an overnight drug robbery are in custody, hours after one of them barricaded himself inside a home. A girlfriend of one of the suspects was also arrested.
Two robbery suspects are in custody after an overnight standoff with police in Everett, according to the Snohomish County Sheriff’s Office.
The primary suspect, a 31-year-old Mukilteo man, barricaded himself inside a house after he and a second man allegedly assaulted and robbed a woman who had met with them to buy drugs, a news release says.
After the alleged robbery, the victim, who officials say knew the 31-year-old suspect, went to his house in the 9700 block of 58th Place West and, when he would not answer the door, called authorities about 2:15 a.m. to report the incident.
After police negotiated with the suspect’s mother, who was also in the house, the suspect exited at about 5:30 a.m. He was arrested without incident.
Most Read Local Stories
- If you rely on a bus through downtown, prepare for big changes
- Washington state considers staying on Pacific Daylight Time forever
- Tim Eyman, accused of stealing office chair, films himself bringing it back WATCH
- 'Shark Tank' star Robert Herjavec owes a debt of gratitude to a homeless shelter in Seattle VIEW
- Alaska and United are cleared for departure out of Everett's Paine Field in March
Other patrol units found and arrested the second suspect in the incident, a 25-year-old Mukilteo man, along with his 29-year-old girlfriend.
The sheriff’s office continues to investigate the robbery.