Police said Harris was found on the side of Highway 526 in Everett.
The Everett Police Department is investigating the reported assault and robbery of Jake Harris, a cast member on the reality TV series “Deadliest Catch.”
“On Saturday at 8 p.m., we received a report of a male victim of an assault. He had been injured in an altercation,” said Aaron Snell, a police spokesman.
The Everett Herald reported that Harris had just left the Quil Ceda Creek Casino and got into a car with multiple people, according to police. They drove south and got onto Highway 526 in south Everett, and at some point there was an altercation in the car, the news outlet said.
Most Read Local Stories
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- Big gap between Pfizer, Moderna vaccines seen for preventing COVID hospitalizations
- Video shows helicopter rescue of missing hiker in Olympic National Park
- COVID hospitalizations down in Washington, but deaths are on the rise
- He found an intact headstone buried in his Seattle backyard. You might, too
Police found Harris in the 700 block of Highway 526 after a passer-by called 911, Snell said.
“At the scene, he was conscious, alert and answering questions,” Snell said.
Snell said he refused medical attention and was taken home by police.
“He was later taken to the hospital by friends or family members,” Snell said. Harris remains hospitalized.
A Providence Regional Medical Center spokeswoman said Harris was in “satisfactory condition.”
Snell said detectives are working with the victim and his family and using tips from the public to identify the alleged assailants.
Harris’ brother, Josh, spoke about the incident on social media.
The Harris family and the Cornelia Marie crab boat have been featured on the Discovery Channel show for 10 years.