Police are looking for two men and a woman after an argument over a car led to a fatal shooting in Lynnwood Saturday night.
A 22-year-old Everett man was shot and killed after a dispute involving a vehicle Saturday night, according to the Snohomish County Sheriff’s Office.
Sheriff’s Lt. Todd Swenson said a citizen report in Everett Sunday morning led to the recovery of a suspect vehicle, however detectives are still looking for two men and a women considered to be armed and dangerous.
Swenson said detectives are asking that anyone with information regarding the homicide — which occurred in the Newberry Square Apartment complex near Martha Lake — contact the sheriff’s tip line at 425-388-3845. He said detectives were also interested in reviewing any surveillance video from that area that might be helpful.
The victim, who has not been identified, was part of a group of people who had arrived at the apartment complex in Lynnwood around 9 p.m. on Saturday looking for a car that had been loaned to an individual but not returned, according to a news release. At some point, the car — a 2006 silver Honda Pilot — arrived, and an altercation took place. One shot was fired, striking the victim, who was standing nearby. The car then sped away.
Most Read Local Stories
- 'Unwanted subject': What led a Kirkland yogurt shop to call police on a black man | Danny Westneat
- 'Something wasn't clicking': WSU study shows offspring of pregnant rats exposed to THC have impaired development
- Kirkland police apologize for helping yogurt shop owner expel African-American social worker; investigation ongoing
- When does the viaduct close? How much is the tunnel toll? Your guide to Seattle's Highway 99 project
- I just got treated to a whole chapter in the book on 'white fragility' | Danny Westneat
Officers arriving on the scene performed CPR, according to the release, but the man died at the scene.
Police recovered the Honda Pilot, which had a broken passenger-side window, Sunday morning in Everett. Police consider the suspects armed and dangerous.