An Everett-area bar employee early Saturday shot and killed a customer who had gotten into a fight at the bar then opened fire in the parking lot, injuring a patron, according to the Snohomish County Sheriff’s Office.
The shooting occurred around 2 a.m. at O’Finnigan’s Pub in the 13600 block of Highway 99, just south of Everett, which reopened Saturday afternoon.
The Sheriff’s Office said that amid an altercation among customers, a 29-year-old man went to to his car, got a gun and began firing shots in the parking lot, wounding a Lynnwood man. The man, 23, was taken to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle and is expected to recover, according to the Sheriff’s Office.
The bar employee, 28, was armed and shot the suspect, but a news release from the Sheriff’s Office gave no details about that part of the incident.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle's Women's March: How it unfolded
- Amazon Go cashierless convenience store opening to the public VIEW
- The WSU community comes out in full force to honor Tyler Hilinski in a candlelight vigil VIEW
- What you need to know about Seattle's Women’s March, related events
- Renewal and resistance in Seattle — thousands take to streets for Women’s March WATCH
Pub managers weren’t immediately available for comment. O’Finnigan’s is a sports and karaoke bar that promotes a fun, loud, boisterous vibe, according to customers on social media.
No arrests have been made and the Sheriff’s Office is continuing to investigate.