An Everett-area bar employee early Saturday shot and killed a customer who had gotten into a fight at the bar then opened fire in the parking lot, injuring a patron, according to the Snohomish County Sheriff’s Office.
The shooting occurred around 2 a.m. at O’Finnigan’s Pub in the 13600 block of Highway 99, just south of Everett, which reopened Saturday afternoon.
The Sheriff’s Office said that amid an altercation among customers, a 29-year-old man went to to his car, got a gun and began firing shots in the parking lot, wounding a Lynnwood man. The man, 23, was taken to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle and is expected to recover, according to the Sheriff’s Office.
The bar employee, 28, was armed and shot the suspect, but a news release from the Sheriff’s Office gave no details about that part of the incident.
Most Read Local Stories
- Powerful earthquakes strike off Canada's coast. Here's what it means for us in Washington state
- These are Seattle's fastest growing neighborhoods. Next year, they'll lose their only community center.
- Polluted air, fog are back in Puget Sound, but not for long VIEW
- Nearly half of Seattle property crime involves vehicles; see the risk level near you | FYI Guy
- Death threats, vandalism: Seattle hires mediator over 35th Avenue Northeast road project
Pub managers weren’t immediately available for comment. O’Finnigan’s is a sports and karaoke bar that promotes a fun, loud, boisterous vibe, according to customers on social media.
No arrests have been made and the Sheriff’s Office is continuing to investigate.