An Everett-area bar employee early Saturday shot and killed a customer who had gotten into a fight at the bar then opened fire in the parking lot, injuring a patron, according to the Snohomish County Sheriff’s Office.
The shooting occurred around 2 a.m. at O’Finnigan’s Pub in the 13600 block of Highway 99, just south of Everett, which reopened Saturday afternoon.
The Sheriff’s Office said that amid an altercation among customers, a 29-year-old man went to to his car, got a gun and began firing shots in the parking lot, wounding a Lynnwood man. The man, 23, was taken to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle and is expected to recover, according to the Sheriff’s Office.
The bar employee, 28, was armed and shot the suspect, but a news release from the Sheriff’s Office gave no details about that part of the incident.
Most Read Local Stories
- 'It's surreal': Seattle's Pike Place Fish Market sold to fish-throwing employees WATCH
- Ballard's homelessness quadrupled last year, and anger is spilling over
- Downtown Seattle bus station closes for good Saturday. Here’s where to find the buses
- Wildfire closes I-90 east of Ellensburg; westbound lanes and one eastbound lane reopen
- ‘Deadliest Catch’ co-star Edgar Hansen pleads guilty to sexually assaulting teen girl
Pub managers weren’t immediately available for comment. O’Finnigan’s is a sports and karaoke bar that promotes a fun, loud, boisterous vibe, according to customers on social media.
No arrests have been made and the Sheriff’s Office is continuing to investigate.