An Everett-area bar employee early Saturday shot and killed a customer who had gotten into a fight at the bar then opened fire in the parking lot, injuring a patron, according to the Snohomish County Sheriff’s Office.
The shooting occurred around 2 a.m. at O’Finnigan’s Pub in the 13600 block of Highway 99, just south of Everett, which reopened Saturday afternoon.
The Sheriff’s Office said that amid an altercation among customers, a 29-year-old man went to to his car, got a gun and began firing shots in the parking lot, wounding a Lynnwood man. The man, 23, was taken to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle and is expected to recover, according to the Sheriff’s Office.
The bar employee, 28, was armed and shot the suspect, but a news release from the Sheriff’s Office gave no details about that part of the incident.
Most Read Local Stories
- ‘Deadliest Catch’ star Sig Hansen pleads guilty to assault charge
- Semi filled with 40,000 pounds of chicken feathers overturns on I-5 in Federal Way
- 114,000 more people: Seattle now decade's fastest-growing big city in all of U.S. | FYI Guy
- Amazon, Starbucks pledge $25,000 each to campaign for referendum on Seattle head tax
- 911 calls on cougar attack near Snoqualmie: Dropped calls and a ‘Help!’
Pub managers weren’t immediately available for comment. O’Finnigan’s is a sports and karaoke bar that promotes a fun, loud, boisterous vibe, according to customers on social media.
No arrests have been made and the Sheriff’s Office is continuing to investigate.