State patrol says rider crossed the center line and hit guardrail on other side of road.
TRINIDAD, Wash. (AP) – A 65-year-old Ephrata man died Saturday evening in a motorcycle collision on State Highway 28 about 7 miles west of Quincy.
According to a report from the Washington State Patrol, Kurt A. Kinzel was traveling eastbound on Highway 28, near milepost 23, at about 5:40 p.m. when his 2012 Harley Davidson Switchback crossed the centerline into the westbound lane and struck the guardrail. The motorcycle came to rest in the westbound lane.
Kinzel died at the scene.
The cause of the crash is under investigation.
Most Read Local Stories
- 'Offended' Seattle U professor admits taking copies of student newspaper after it published photo of performer in drag
- Washingtonians are less religious than ever, Gallup poll finds | FYI Guy
- 8 months after farmed-fish escape, lively Atlantic salmon caught 40 miles upriver
- The professor, the cop and the student: A tale of sex and deception in San Juan County
- Washington lawmakers violated state constitution when rewriting police deadly force laws, judge says