State patrol says rider crossed the center line and hit guardrail on other side of road.
TRINIDAD, Wash. (AP) – A 65-year-old Ephrata man died Saturday evening in a motorcycle collision on State Highway 28 about 7 miles west of Quincy.
According to a report from the Washington State Patrol, Kurt A. Kinzel was traveling eastbound on Highway 28, near milepost 23, at about 5:40 p.m. when his 2012 Harley Davidson Switchback crossed the centerline into the westbound lane and struck the guardrail. The motorcycle came to rest in the westbound lane.
Kinzel died at the scene.
The cause of the crash is under investigation.
Most Read Local Stories
- Jesuits sent abusive priests to retire on Gonzaga's campus
- Diversity surges on the Eastside, especially in Microsoft's hometown, but stalls in Seattle | FYI Guy
- Viaduct shutdown: Seattle businesses prepare for gridlock as three-week Highway 99 closure looms
- Homelessness rose just a bit this year in the U.S. Here's how Seattle compares.
- Man dies after being pulled from water by rescuers near Ballard Locks WATCH