State patrol says rider crossed the center line and hit guardrail on other side of road.
TRINIDAD, Wash. (AP) – A 65-year-old Ephrata man died Saturday evening in a motorcycle collision on State Highway 28 about 7 miles west of Quincy.
According to a report from the Washington State Patrol, Kurt A. Kinzel was traveling eastbound on Highway 28, near milepost 23, at about 5:40 p.m. when his 2012 Harley Davidson Switchback crossed the centerline into the westbound lane and struck the guardrail. The motorcycle came to rest in the westbound lane.
Kinzel died at the scene.
The cause of the crash is under investigation.
Most Read Local Stories
- This tiny house village allows drugs. Should it have been put in a high drug-traffic area?
- Reports: Ballard shooting victim is brother of former Husky standout Budda Baker; police seek suspect
- Meteorologists: High temps in Seattle area will near — or break — all-time records this week
- Carrying flags and rifles, gun-rights advocates rally in Olympia
- Left adrift by Trump’s victory, Eastside activists find voice in Indivisible movement