Man is found dead of an apparent gunshot wound in Covington.
King County sheriff’s detectives are investigating a shooting Wednesday morning in Covington that left a man dead.
Sheriff’s spokeswoman Cindi West said that a witness called at 3:17 a.m. to report seeing a man lying bleeding in the road at the intersection near Southeast Timberlane Boulevard and 185th Court Southeast.
When deputies arrived they found a man on the side of the road bleeding from what appeared to be a gunshot wound. The victim, described as a man in his 20s, was pronounced dead at the scene.
According to a news release from the sheriff’s office, a neighbor reported hearing a gunshot shortly before the man was found.
Most Read Local Stories
- Encampments, conditions at Seattle parks draw scrutiny as coronavirus pandemic drags on
- Coronavirus daily news updates, October 27: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world VIEW
- Military, police in Washington state prepare for possible civil unrest after election
- Did your ballot reach its destination? Here's how to track it in Washington state
- Washington state Supreme Court explains its ruling in schools chief voter guide case
Detectives are asking anyone with information to call 206-296-3311. Plus, detectives are asking anyone who was the victim of any crime near the area, including burglaries, car prowls or other suspicious circumstances, to call police to file a report.