A sheriff's spokesman says "something wasn't right about what they encountered" and that first -responders thought it best to err on the side of caution and call detectives.
SEABECK, Wash. (AP) — Authorities say preliminary investigation into the Tuesday morning death of a 9-year-old boy shows he died of homicidal violence.
The Kitsap County Sheriff’s Office says a 47-year-old Bremerton woman believed to be the boy’s mother was arrested Tuesday evening.
The Kitsap Sun reports that emergency personnel were called to the 11400 block of Symes Road south of Seabeck.
The sheriff’s office says the boy was given CPR but was pronounced dead.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle’s income tax on the wealthy is illegal, judge rules
- Analysis: Five reasons the Seahawks waived Dwight Freeney WATCH
- Retired Alabama cop on Roy Moore: ‘We were also told to ... make sure that he didn’t hang around the cheerleaders’
- Jobs that pay without a B.A.: the most lucrative fields in Washington state
- A Washington syrah was named second best wine in the world
Sheriff’s spokesman Scott Wilson says “something wasn’t right about what they encountered” and that first responders thought it best to call detectives.
Wilson didn’t say what wasn’t right about the situation.
The sheriff’s office says the woman was booked into Kitsap County jail on a murder charge with bail set at $1 million.