A sheriff's spokesman says "something wasn't right about what they encountered" and that first -responders thought it best to err on the side of caution and call detectives.
SEABECK, Wash. (AP) — Authorities say preliminary investigation into the Tuesday morning death of a 9-year-old boy shows he died of homicidal violence.
The Kitsap County Sheriff’s Office says a 47-year-old Bremerton woman believed to be the boy’s mother was arrested Tuesday evening.
The Kitsap Sun reports that emergency personnel were called to the 11400 block of Symes Road south of Seabeck.
The sheriff’s office says the boy was given CPR but was pronounced dead.
Most Read Local Stories
- What's the region's second-fastest growing neighborhood? Hint: It's not in Seattle. | FYI Guy
- AG Ferguson: Washington, other states to sue Trump administration over separating immigrant families at border
- Good luck, Seattle-area drivers: Five major road projects will close lanes this weekend
- Pastor who shot suspect in Tumwater carjacking spree tells his story WATCH
- Another decades-old Tacoma murder solved? Suspected killer of 12-year-old Michella Welch arrested
Sheriff’s spokesman Scott Wilson says “something wasn’t right about what they encountered” and that first responders thought it best to call detectives.
Wilson didn’t say what wasn’t right about the situation.
The sheriff’s office says the woman was booked into Kitsap County jail on a murder charge with bail set at $1 million.