A sheriff's spokesman says "something wasn't right about what they encountered" and that first -responders thought it best to err on the side of caution and call detectives.
SEABECK, Wash. (AP) — Authorities say preliminary investigation into the Tuesday morning death of a 9-year-old boy shows he died of homicidal violence.
The Kitsap County Sheriff’s Office says a 47-year-old Bremerton woman believed to be the boy’s mother was arrested Tuesday evening.
The Kitsap Sun reports that emergency personnel were called to the 11400 block of Symes Road south of Seabeck.
The sheriff’s office says the boy was given CPR but was pronounced dead.
Most Read Local Stories
- Jesuits sent abusive priests to retire on Gonzaga's campus
- Diversity surges on the Eastside, especially in Microsoft's hometown, but stalls in Seattle | FYI Guy
- Viaduct shutdown: Seattle businesses prepare for gridlock as three-week Highway 99 closure looms
- Homelessness rose just a bit this year in the U.S. Here's how Seattle compares.
- Would a $2 billion gas-to-methanol plant in Washington state help combat climate change?
Sheriff’s spokesman Scott Wilson says “something wasn’t right about what they encountered” and that first responders thought it best to call detectives.
Wilson didn’t say what wasn’t right about the situation.
The sheriff’s office says the woman was booked into Kitsap County jail on a murder charge with bail set at $1 million.