A sheriff's spokesman says "something wasn't right about what they encountered" and that first -responders thought it best to err on the side of caution and call detectives.
SEABECK, Wash. (AP) — Authorities say preliminary investigation into the Tuesday morning death of a 9-year-old boy shows he died of homicidal violence.
The Kitsap County Sheriff’s Office says a 47-year-old Bremerton woman believed to be the boy’s mother was arrested Tuesday evening.
The Kitsap Sun reports that emergency personnel were called to the 11400 block of Symes Road south of Seabeck.
The sheriff’s office says the boy was given CPR but was pronounced dead.
Most Read Local Stories
- Talk about a ‘superload’! Check out what just crawled along Washington highways WATCH
- ‘What a mess’: Texts by Seattle mayor, council member shed light on head-tax repeal | Times Watchdog
- Seattle could push UW to slash car commutes, build staff housing as part of high-rise growth plan
- Stray bullet kills woman inside Burien office; drive-by shooting suspects at large
- When will we be done paying for the sports stadiums? We finally have the real answer | Danny Westneat
Sheriff’s spokesman Scott Wilson says “something wasn’t right about what they encountered” and that first responders thought it best to call detectives.
Wilson didn’t say what wasn’t right about the situation.
The sheriff’s office says the woman was booked into Kitsap County jail on a murder charge with bail set at $1 million.