Witnesses held the driver, who tried to flee, until authorities arrived, police said.
A 7-year-old trick-or-treater was hit and critically injured by an SUV Monday night in Tacoma.
The boy was struck about 7:20 p.m. at North Ninth Street and I Street, authorities told the Tacoma News Tribune. The driver reportedly tried to flee but was held by witnesses until police arrived.
The child was taken to Mary Bridge Childrens hospital, while the driver was held on suspicion of vehicular assault and driving under the influence, police said.
The boy was holding his father’s hand while crossing the street when he was hit, police told KOMO News.
Most Read Local Stories
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- There's an opening for the GOP in Washington state — and they're squandering it on conspiracies
- Coronavirus daily news updates, September 22: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- See the competing Washington legislative maps drawn by Democrats, Republicans
- Swinomish tribal members say steelhead net pens violate fishing rights, add their voice to state Supreme Court case