Witnesses say the 13-year-old was associating with a South Everett gang and had been seen pointing a gun at people on several occasions.
EVERETT — A 13-year-old boy has been charged with second-degree murder and unlawful gun possession in the shooting death of a 14-year-old boy.
The Daily Herald reports that the 13-year-old was charged Monday in juvenile court in connection with the Oct. 4 death of David Sandoval.
Everett police have called the shooting gang-related. Witnesses told police the 13-year-old was associating with a South Everett gang and was going to be initiated into it soon or had been recently.
According to charging papers, several witnesses say that in the days leading up to the fatal shooting, the 13-year-old boy had pointed a gun at multiple people. He allegedly told them he wanted to be known as “lil shooter.”
Most Read Local Stories
- Prosecutors won’t charge motorcyclist who fatally shot a man in road-rage incident near Tacoma
- Property-tax Q&A: Why is your King County bill going up so much — and where is the money going?
- UW cherry trees expected to reach peak bloom this weekend. Go check them out — or watch this live stream. WATCH
- Wallingford in shock over killing of ‘pillar of the community’
- Man dies after fiery crash with Uber vehicle in North Seattle
Everett has been plagued recently by gun violence. There have been more than 35 shootings in the city since December.