Witnesses say the 13-year-old was associating with a South Everett gang and had been seen pointing a gun at people on several occasions.
EVERETT — A 13-year-old boy has been charged with second-degree murder and unlawful gun possession in the shooting death of a 14-year-old boy.
The Daily Herald reports that the 13-year-old was charged Monday in juvenile court in connection with the Oct. 4 death of David Sandoval.
Everett police have called the shooting gang-related. Witnesses told police the 13-year-old was associating with a South Everett gang and was going to be initiated into it soon or had been recently.
According to charging papers, several witnesses say that in the days leading up to the fatal shooting, the 13-year-old boy had pointed a gun at multiple people. He allegedly told them he wanted to be known as “lil shooter.”
Most Read Stories
- At least 6 dead after Amtrak train derails from bridge onto Interstate 5 near Olympia WATCH
- 2 police officers shot, suspect killed in Bremerton
- Earl Thomas says maybe injured Bobby Wagner shouldn't have played; Wagner says to 'keep my name out yo mouth'
- Violations prompt Washington state to cancel Atlantic salmon farm lease at Port Angeles WATCH
- Seahawks inexplicably a no-show in NFC West showdown: ‘It was an embarrassing game’
Everett has been plagued recently by gun violence. There have been more than 35 shootings in the city since December.