The officer received minor injuries but is expected to be OK.
BELLEVUE — A Bellevue police officer is recovering after his patrol car crashed and rolled over in the Lake Hills neighborhood overnight.
Police say the officer lost control of his cruiser and crashed on 145th Place Southeast while helping another officer try to stop a stolen car at around 12:45 a.m. Tuesday.
KOMO-TV reports that the officer received minor injuries but is expected to be OK.
Two suspects in the stolen car — a 28-year-old and a 24-year-old — were arrested a few blocks away.
Most Read Local Stories
- Live updates from Day 2 of the post-viaduct commute: Afternoon commute begins after morning delays
- New Washington map shows why environmental health is a justice issue; see the risks in your area | Tyrone Beason
- New milestone in King County: Immigrant population tops 500,000 | FYI Guy
- Some potential block-by-block changes to Seattle's plan to upzone 27 neighborhoods
- As the Alaskan Way Viaduct comes down, so does a longtime shelter for Seattle's homeless
It’s not known what caused the officer to lose control of his vehicle.