The officer received minor injuries but is expected to be OK.
BELLEVUE — A Bellevue police officer is recovering after his patrol car crashed and rolled over in the Lake Hills neighborhood overnight.
Police say the officer lost control of his cruiser and crashed on 145th Place Southeast while helping another officer try to stop a stolen car at around 12:45 a.m. Tuesday.
KOMO-TV reports that the officer received minor injuries but is expected to be OK.
Two suspects in the stolen car — a 28-year-old and a 24-year-old — were arrested a few blocks away.
Most Read Local Stories
- Where to see the total lunar eclipse Sunday
- As STEM majors soar at UW, interest in humanities shrinks — a potentially costly loss
- Seattle Times poll finds strong support for more transit — but not bike lanes
- Teen dies after shooting in Renton Walmart parking lot Sunday
- New poll: Tolling freeways, city streets deeply unpopular across the board in Seattle and King County
It’s not known what caused the officer to lose control of his vehicle.