A veteran Bellevue police officer was arrested and booked into jail early Saturday after department learned of alleged domestic-violence assault that supposed occurred weeks ago.
Bellevue police said Saturday that a veteran officer has been arrested following an allegation of domestic violence assault.
A news release issued Saturday said the officer, a 16-year department veteran, was arrested early Saturday and booked into the King County Jail in connection with an assault that “was alleged to have occurred approximately three weeks ago in the city of Bellevue.”
Bellevue Police spokesman Seth Tyler said the department learned of the allegedly incident on Friday.
The department has not identified the officer and Tyler said no criminal charges have been filed.
Most Read Local Stories
- How much easier was it for baby boomers to buy a home in Seattle? Let's adjust for inflation | FYI Guy
- Man fatally shot in the head on Aurora Avenue in North Seattle
- More than $1M in cocaine found in banana shipments to 3 Safeway stores in Western Washington
- The light-rail bridge being built in south Bellevue seems to soar unsupported over I-90. Here's why. VIEW
- State Patrol targeting drivers who don't slow down and move over near emergency or work zones
The officer has been placed on paid administrative leave while the allegation is investigated.
The Bellevue Police Department has asked the King County Sheriff’s Office to investigate.