A veteran Bellevue police officer was arrested and booked into jail early Saturday after department learned of alleged domestic-violence assault that supposed occurred weeks ago.
Bellevue police said Saturday that a veteran officer has been arrested following an allegation of domestic violence assault.
A news release issued Saturday said the officer, a 16-year department veteran, was arrested early Saturday and booked into the King County Jail in connection with an assault that “was alleged to have occurred approximately three weeks ago in the city of Bellevue.”
Bellevue Police spokesman Seth Tyler said the department learned of the allegedly incident on Friday.
The department has not identified the officer and Tyler said no criminal charges have been filed.
Most Read Local Stories
- Earth has temporarily gained another moon
- Seattle archbishop puts Kennedy Catholic school president on leave of absence until the end of school year
- FBI arrests 'violent extremists' after threatening posters sent to minorities, journalist in Seattle area
- Mike Lull, the boss of bass guitars for bands like Heart, Cheap Trick and Pearl Jam, dies at 66
- 2 injured in Pioneer Square shooting
The officer has been placed on paid administrative leave while the allegation is investigated.
The Bellevue Police Department has asked the King County Sheriff’s Office to investigate.