A veteran Bellevue police officer was arrested and booked into jail early Saturday after department learned of alleged domestic-violence assault that supposed occurred weeks ago.
Bellevue police said Saturday that a veteran officer has been arrested following an allegation of domestic violence assault.
A news release issued Saturday said the officer, a 16-year department veteran, was arrested early Saturday and booked into the King County Jail in connection with an assault that “was alleged to have occurred approximately three weeks ago in the city of Bellevue.”
Bellevue Police spokesman Seth Tyler said the department learned of the allegedly incident on Friday.
The department has not identified the officer and Tyler said no criminal charges have been filed.
Most Read Local Stories
- First of six weather systems rolls into Seattle area; at least a week of rain ahead
- 'Hunter killer assassins': Why the Boeing saga is the story of our times | Danny Westneat
- Seattle, King County to stop taking plastic bags in recycling
- When is daylight saving time? Do you need to turn clock back in Washington, given the new law? Your questions answered
- British family who crossed border into Washington state decry treatment in U.S. detention center
The officer has been placed on paid administrative leave while the allegation is investigated.
The Bellevue Police Department has asked the King County Sheriff’s Office to investigate.