A veteran Bellevue police officer was arrested and booked into jail early Saturday after department learned of alleged domestic-violence assault that supposed occurred weeks ago.
Bellevue police said Saturday that a veteran officer has been arrested following an allegation of domestic violence assault.
A news release issued Saturday said the officer, a 16-year department veteran, was arrested early Saturday and booked into the King County Jail in connection with an assault that “was alleged to have occurred approximately three weeks ago in the city of Bellevue.”
Bellevue Police spokesman Seth Tyler said the department learned of the allegedly incident on Friday.
The department has not identified the officer and Tyler said no criminal charges have been filed.
Most Read Local Stories
- These Seattle-area businesses got called out the most for alleged COVID-19 violations
- Coronavirus daily news updates, October 30: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world VIEW
- Daylight saving time ends this weekend: Don't let 'fall back' worsen your 2020 depression
- Hundreds of shelter dogs, cats flown across the Pacific VIEW
- 'Wretched human being' for president: How the Spokane paper's bizarre plug for Trump revealed a hard truth
The officer has been placed on paid administrative leave while the allegation is investigated.
The Bellevue Police Department has asked the King County Sheriff’s Office to investigate.