A veteran Bellevue police officer was arrested and booked into jail early Saturday after department learned of alleged domestic-violence assault that supposed occurred weeks ago.
Bellevue police said Saturday that a veteran officer has been arrested following an allegation of domestic violence assault.
A news release issued Saturday said the officer, a 16-year department veteran, was arrested early Saturday and booked into the King County Jail in connection with an assault that “was alleged to have occurred approximately three weeks ago in the city of Bellevue.”
Bellevue Police spokesman Seth Tyler said the department learned of the allegedly incident on Friday.
The department has not identified the officer and Tyler said no criminal charges have been filed.
Most Read Local Stories
- Missing Lummi Nation woman found alive, aunt says
- Washington state analyzed two COVID scenarios for fall. One is much worse than the other
- King County head of homelessness may be an 'impossible' job, but Marc Dones is optimistic
- Coronavirus daily news updates, September 24: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
The officer has been placed on paid administrative leave while the allegation is investigated.
The Bellevue Police Department has asked the King County Sheriff’s Office to investigate.