A veteran Bellevue police officer was arrested and booked into jail early Saturday after department learned of alleged domestic-violence assault that supposed occurred weeks ago.
Bellevue police said Saturday that a veteran officer has been arrested following an allegation of domestic violence assault.
A news release issued Saturday said the officer, a 16-year department veteran, was arrested early Saturday and booked into the King County Jail in connection with an assault that “was alleged to have occurred approximately three weeks ago in the city of Bellevue.”
Bellevue Police spokesman Seth Tyler said the department learned of the allegedly incident on Friday.
The department has not identified the officer and Tyler said no criminal charges have been filed.
Most Read Local Stories
- Seattle unprepared for deadly heat waves made worse by global warming, researchers say
- Lori Matsukawa stepping down after 36 years at KING 5 VIEW
- 'Petty argument' over baby gate ended with a Renton man fatally shooting his daughter, prosecutors say
- UW finds star athlete's sexual assault allegation credible, but athletic executive quietly moved on
- Is a stepfather still a father? Court says yes, handing Seattle woman a win
The officer has been placed on paid administrative leave while the allegation is investigated.
The Bellevue Police Department has asked the King County Sheriff’s Office to investigate.