A 35-year-old man was dropped off at Swedish Medical Center/Ballard early Sunday with a gunshot wound to the abdomen. Police have linked him to a reported break-in nearby.
Minutes after a Ballard homeowner called 911 early Sunday to report that he had shot at an intruder, a man was dropped off at a Ballard hospital with a gunshot wound to the abdomen, according to Seattle police.
The homeowner was sleeping when he heard what sounded like someone breaking into his house in the 6700 block of 25th Avenue Northwest around 4:15 a.m., according to a Seattle police online blotter post. He armed himself with a handgun and found an intruder who had already broken into an enclosed mud room and was trying to break into the main house, the post said.
The homeowner fired a round through a door into the mud room, then called 911. When officers responded, a neighbor reported seeing a dark-colored station wagon drive away from the victim’s house.
Ten minutes later, police were notified that a 35-year-old man with a gunshot wound arrived at Swedish Medical Center/Ballard. The injured man was taken to Harborview Medical Center. His condition on Monday was not known.
Most Read Local Stories
- 'Who are you becoming?' Why America needs Michelle Obama's message now | Tyrone Beason VIEW
- From Ciara to Sue Bird: Seattle celebrities among 18,000 who welcomed Michelle Obama to Tacoma
- Debt collectors that ‘sue, sue, sue’ can squeeze Washington state consumers for more cash | Times Watchdog
- Man shot dead on Highway 520 bridge near Montlake early Monday
- Charging extra to get there? The Boeing story is yet another sign we're a corporatocracy | Danny Westneat
Several blocks away, officers came across a man and woman standing outside a dark-colored station wagon and saw fresh blood inside and outside the vehicle, the blotter item said. The car also appeared to contain stolen property. The two were detained and questioned.
Officers arrested the man after discovering he had an outstanding warrant. The woman, who is the sister of the man who was shot, was interviewed and released, according to police.