An inmate found dead in his cell at the Yakima County jail Wednesday morning was stabbed to death by two other inmates.
YAKIMA — Authorities say an inmate found dead in his cell at the Yakima County jail Wednesday morning was stabbed to death by two other inmates.
KATU-TV reports 27-year-old Timothy Denton had been arrested 11 hours before he was killed in a “violent ambush,” investigators from the Yakima County Sheriff’s Office said Thursday.
Eric Romero, 25, and Hilario Sosa, 19, were charged with first-degree murder and are scheduled to appear in court Thursday afternoon. Officials said the pair waited for guards to sweep the area Wednesday morning before attacking Denton.
Investigators have not said if there was a motive behind the attack. Denton had been arrested by Yakima police and booked into the jail for assault.
Most Read Local Stories
- Dump truck crashes into Subway sandwich shop in Seattle's Pioneer Square, 5 injured VIEW
- In blue Seattle, Trump supporters are starting to come out of hiding | Danny Westneat
- Scorned customer throws sign through window at Beth's Cafe in Seattle
- No new bottom line in Everett’s bikini barista brouhaha
- Parking garage in Seattle’s Pioneer Square named ‘coolest’ place to park in the nation