The case had not been solved until deputies received a tip from a jail inmate who said he was in the van that hit the woman and provided information about the driver.
BREMERTON, Wash. (AP) — A 49-year-old Bremerton man has been charged with fatally hitting a Port Orchard woman in 2015, and then leaving the scene.
The Kitsap County Sheriff’s Office said Friday that they took a man into custody on Thursday in the hit-and-run death of Chris Lukkasson.
Lukkasson sustained blunt force injures to her head and torso when she was hit on Victory Drive on Oct. 14, 2015. She died the next day.
The case had not been solved until deputies received a tip from a jail inmate who said he was in the van that hit Lukkasson and provided information about the driver.
Most Read Local Stories
- Flight to Seattle diverted after severe turbulence; 5 injured
- Snow emergency declared in East King County, as thaw continues in rest of region VIEW
- No more snow for Seattle, and a dry weekend ahead — but the cold could still complicate things
- Former Eastside lawmaker arrested after drinking with underage relative, police say
- Meet the many unsung heroes of the Seattle Snowpocalypse WATCH
The state patrol and Bremerton police helped take the man into custody at his home.
Officials did not identify the man in the press release.
He’s being held on a $500,000 bond and was to appear in court on Friday.