The case had not been solved until deputies received a tip from a jail inmate who said he was in the van that hit the woman and provided information about the driver.
BREMERTON, Wash. (AP) — A 49-year-old Bremerton man has been charged with fatally hitting a Port Orchard woman in 2015, and then leaving the scene.
The Kitsap County Sheriff’s Office said Friday that they took a man into custody on Thursday in the hit-and-run death of Chris Lukkasson.
Lukkasson sustained blunt force injures to her head and torso when she was hit on Victory Drive on Oct. 14, 2015. She died the next day.
The case had not been solved until deputies received a tip from a jail inmate who said he was in the van that hit Lukkasson and provided information about the driver.
Most Read Local Stories
- Detectives say simmering gang war in South King County is behind fatal shooting of an office worker in Burien
- San Francisco is cracking down on tent camps. Will Seattle do the same? VIEW
- State Patrol crackdown on HOV violators snares more than 1,700 drivers in Puget Sound area
- Stray bullet kills woman inside Burien office; drive-by shooting suspects at large
- ‘What a mess’: Texts by Seattle mayor, council member shed light on head-tax repeal | Times Watchdog
The state patrol and Bremerton police helped take the man into custody at his home.
Officials did not identify the man in the press release.
He’s being held on a $500,000 bond and was to appear in court on Friday.