A Renton police officer was taken to the hospital after one of two stolen vehicles rammed into a police vehicle.
Six juveniles were taken into custody Friday night after a stolen vehicle rammed a Renton police vehicle, according to police.
The Renton officer who was driving was taken to Valley Medical Center with injuries that were not considered life threatening.
Officers had observed a stolen vehicle near Gene Coulon Memorial Beach Park at 1100 Lake Washington Boulevard N. around 8:35 p.m. Police said that vehicle and another one accompanying it — which later was also determined to be stolen — tried to elude officers. One vehicle rammed the police vehicle attempting to stop them.
The vehicle that rammed the police vehicle fled, but was later stopped by another officer. The other stolen vehicle crashed into a ditch.
Most Read Stories
- Amazon Go cashierless convenience store opens to the public in Seattle VIEW
- Renewal and resistance in Seattle — thousands take to streets for Women’s March WATCH
- WSU Cougars now focus on healing after death of quarterback Tyler Hilinski
- Landslide watch: Can experts predict collapse at Washington’s Rattlesnake Ridge?
- Seattle's Women's March: How it unfolded