A Renton police officer was taken to the hospital after one of two stolen vehicles rammed into a police vehicle.
Six juveniles were taken into custody Friday night after a stolen vehicle rammed a Renton police vehicle, according to police.
The Renton officer who was driving was taken to Valley Medical Center with injuries that were not considered life threatening.
Officers had observed a stolen vehicle near Gene Coulon Memorial Beach Park at 1100 Lake Washington Boulevard N. around 8:35 p.m. Police said that vehicle and another one accompanying it — which later was also determined to be stolen — tried to elude officers. One vehicle rammed the police vehicle attempting to stop them.
The vehicle that rammed the police vehicle fled, but was later stopped by another officer. The other stolen vehicle crashed into a ditch.
Most Read Local Stories
- Researchers attach cameras to Pacific Northwest orcas, revealing a marvelous underwater world WATCH
- Coronavirus daily news updates, September 19: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- What health officials say you should do now that Seattle's air quality has improved
- Rain and westerly winds scour out wildfire smoke, and Western Washington air quality returns to normal
- After prostitution arrest, Seattle police captain got preferential treatment from fellow officers WATCH