A Renton police officer was taken to the hospital after one of two stolen vehicles rammed into a police vehicle.
Six juveniles were taken into custody Friday night after a stolen vehicle rammed a Renton police vehicle, according to police.
The Renton officer who was driving was taken to Valley Medical Center with injuries that were not considered life threatening.
Officers had observed a stolen vehicle near Gene Coulon Memorial Beach Park at 1100 Lake Washington Boulevard N. around 8:35 p.m. Police said that vehicle and another one accompanying it — which later was also determined to be stolen — tried to elude officers. One vehicle rammed the police vehicle attempting to stop them.
The vehicle that rammed the police vehicle fled, but was later stopped by another officer. The other stolen vehicle crashed into a ditch.
Most Read Local Stories
- Smoke from Oregon and California wildfires reaches Seattle; rain expected later this week
- Why building rail transit in U.S., Seattle costs so much and takes so long
- Coronavirus daily news updates, August 2: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- Bill Gates and Melinda French Gates divorce becomes official
- 'Every hospital is quite full' in Washington as delta variant of coronavirus spreads