A Renton police officer was taken to the hospital after one of two stolen vehicles rammed into a police vehicle.
Six juveniles were taken into custody Friday night after a stolen vehicle rammed a Renton police vehicle, according to police.
The Renton officer who was driving was taken to Valley Medical Center with injuries that were not considered life threatening.
Officers had observed a stolen vehicle near Gene Coulon Memorial Beach Park at 1100 Lake Washington Boulevard N. around 8:35 p.m. Police said that vehicle and another one accompanying it — which later was also determined to be stolen — tried to elude officers. One vehicle rammed the police vehicle attempting to stop them.
The vehicle that rammed the police vehicle fled, but was later stopped by another officer. The other stolen vehicle crashed into a ditch.
Most Read Local Stories
- Map: Kim Schrier won big in King County suburbs, even in Dino Rossi's neighborhood
- Washington State Patrol detective violated woman's rights with ruse, hidden cameras, court rules
- Hate crimes skyrocket across the nation, almost double in Seattle over the past year
- Fire at Gascoigne Lumber on North Queen Anne was arson, Seattle fire officials say
- Uber and Lyft drop data fight with Seattle, and start another over Sea-Tac Airport data