A Renton police officer was taken to the hospital after one of two stolen vehicles rammed into a police vehicle.
Six juveniles were taken into custody Friday night after a stolen vehicle rammed a Renton police vehicle, according to police.
The Renton officer who was driving was taken to Valley Medical Center with injuries that were not considered life threatening.
Officers had observed a stolen vehicle near Gene Coulon Memorial Beach Park at 1100 Lake Washington Boulevard N. around 8:35 p.m. Police said that vehicle and another one accompanying it — which later was also determined to be stolen — tried to elude officers. One vehicle rammed the police vehicle attempting to stop them.
The vehicle that rammed the police vehicle fled, but was later stopped by another officer. The other stolen vehicle crashed into a ditch.
Most Read Local Stories
- Smoky air returns to Seattle through at least Wednesday
- He was a jokester who complained about his job, but friends still baffled by thief's airplane heist
- 'Very high threat' Snohomish County volcano may get new monitoring stations
- Seattle City Light sent this couple a $2K bill; they just happen to be former employees
- Dosed salmon, clipped fins, a ‘dinner bell’: How far is too far in helping starving orca?