Police say the male suspects robbed six people at knife point in the University District.
Police have arrested three teens suspected in a string of robberies in the University District, according to a Seattle Police Department news release.
Investigators say that about 3 a.m. Sunday, the three 18-year-old male suspects robbed six people in the University District, demanding at knife point that the victims hand over their wallets and cellphones.
In one case, the suspects demanded a man’s shoes before fleeing the scene in a silver Nissan SUV, police say.
The suspects were taken into custody after University of Washington and Seattle police stopped their vehicle near Northeast 45th Street and University Way.
Most Read Local Stories
- ‘What a mess’: Texts by Seattle mayor, council member shed light on head-tax repeal | Times Watchdog
- Permanent closure of Alaskan Way Viaduct delayed until January
- What would it cost to house and provide treatment for Seattle's homeless?
- Angry at plight of southern-resident orcas, speakers rebuke NOAA in public meetings
- Promise of $100,000 in scholarships to 10 Seattle teens never came, but local black community is stepping in to help