The 23-year-old victim fell 100 feet to her death on Friday.
CARSON, Wash. (AP) — Search crews have recovered the body of a 23-year-old woman who was killed in a 100-foot fall while hiking in Skamania County.
The Columbian newspaper reports that Leslie Mar, of Vancouver, was hiking with a partner on Friday evening when she slipped from a ledge at Panther Creek Falls, north of Carson.
Teams found her and began lifesaving measures but could not revive her. Due to the rugged location and coming darkness, they waited until Saturday to recover her body.
An autopsy will be conducted by the Clark County Medical Examiner’s Office in Vancouver.
Most Read Local Stories
- Microsoft pledges $500 million to tackle housing crisis in Seattle, Eastside
- 3 found dead in Sammamish a longtime Realtor, author, their son, relative says
- Video released of Seattle police sergeant who sat in a chair in front of a man's workplace, seeking an apology WATCH
- Total lunar eclipse coming this weekend; here's when you can see it
- 'Pretty rare in January': Seattle just set a record for warm temperatures