The 23-year-old victim fell 100 feet to her death on Friday.
CARSON, Wash. (AP) — Search crews have recovered the body of a 23-year-old woman who was killed in a 100-foot fall while hiking in Skamania County.
The Columbian newspaper reports that Leslie Mar, of Vancouver, was hiking with a partner on Friday evening when she slipped from a ledge at Panther Creek Falls, north of Carson.
Teams found her and began lifesaving measures but could not revive her. Due to the rugged location and coming darkness, they waited until Saturday to recover her body.
An autopsy will be conducted by the Clark County Medical Examiner’s Office in Vancouver.
Most Read Local Stories
- Seattle pollution levels surge, as smoky air returns through at least Wednesday
- Washington's smoky air looks scary, but UW physician says trust your body's defenses WATCH
- Richard Russell was a jokester who complained about work, but Sea-Tac plane heist still baffles friends
- 'Very high threat' Snohomish County volcano may get new monitoring stations
- Western Washington crane operators strike after union members reject labor deal WATCH