The 23-year-old victim fell 100 feet to her death on Friday.
CARSON, Wash. (AP) — Search crews have recovered the body of a 23-year-old woman who was killed in a 100-foot fall while hiking in Skamania County.
The Columbian newspaper reports that Leslie Mar, of Vancouver, was hiking with a partner on Friday evening when she slipped from a ledge at Panther Creek Falls, north of Carson.
Teams found her and began lifesaving measures but could not revive her. Due to the rugged location and coming darkness, they waited until Saturday to recover her body.
An autopsy will be conducted by the Clark County Medical Examiner’s Office in Vancouver.
Most Read Local Stories
- As Seattle adapts its response to the homelessness crisis, activist groups face uncertain future
- Conservative political group mailer called "blatant voter suppression" by Democratic leaders
- Antibiotics in beef: Burger chains are failing the test, except for a couple right here in Washington
- Judge dismisses NRA lawsuit over Seattle's new gun-storage law
- ‘The Property’: A family's getaway cabin defined its dreams, until a tragic Sunday morning VIEW