The 23-year-old victim fell 100 feet to her death on Friday.
CARSON, Wash. (AP) — Search crews have recovered the body of a 23-year-old woman who was killed in a 100-foot fall while hiking in Skamania County.
The Columbian newspaper reports that Leslie Mar, of Vancouver, was hiking with a partner on Friday evening when she slipped from a ledge at Panther Creek Falls, north of Carson.
Teams found her and began lifesaving measures but could not revive her. Due to the rugged location and coming darkness, they waited until Saturday to recover her body.
An autopsy will be conducted by the Clark County Medical Examiner’s Office in Vancouver.
Most Read Local Stories
- 'Incredibly dangerous': Seattle man faces 17th DUI charge after April crash
- Miska, Bellevue’s most persecuted tabby cat, seeks her day in court
- Seattle's top prosecutor and public defender accuse presiding judge of improper conduct
- ‘No bar was too low’: Shoreline man sentenced to 55 years for sexually exploiting hundreds of girls
- Permanent daylight saving time passes Washington state House 90-6, heads to Inslee's desk