Everett police said they've arrested five people in connection to the killing, including the suspected shooter.
Police have arrested five people in connection to the killing of a man in Everett Sunday, including the suspected shooter, the Everett Police Department said in a statement on Wednesday.
The announcement comes a day after the Snohomish County Medical Examiner’s Office identified the victim as 19-year-old Raul Cuadros.
Police said they arrested a 31-year-old man who is suspected to have shot Cuadros. In addition, they have arrested a 28-year-old man suspected of arranging the meetup that led to the shooting, a 27-year-old man who was with the suspected shooter, a 28-year-old man believed to have been the getaway driver, and a 27-year-old woman who was with the victim at the time of the shooting.
The woman had a gun in her purse that she told officers she had removed from the victim, police said. She was arrested and booked into jail on suspicion of tampering with evidence.
Most Read Local Stories
- Washington state teachers, child care workers can now get COVID-19 vaccines, Gov. Inslee says
- Coronavirus daily news updates, March 1: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- Seattle weather: Enjoy these springlike days before we return to our regularly scheduled programming
- Seattle to open more permanent COVID-19 vaccination sites in Rainier Beach, West Seattle, Lumen Field Event Center
- Coronavirus daily news updates, March 2: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
Cuadros’ death, from a gunshot wound to the chest, was ruled a homicide, the medical examiner said in a tweet Tuesday. Police found the man with a gunshot wound in the parking lot of a Jack in the Box on 85th Street and Evergreen Way around 3:45 a.m. Sunday.