Son shoots mother before turning gun on himself, according to police.
BREWSTER, Wash. (AP) — Authorities say a 19-year-old man in Brewster shot and wounded his mother before killing himself.
Okanogan County Sheriff Frank Rogers says the shooting happened around 10 a.m. Sunday. The man, identified as Mike Aguirre-Bobadilla, shot his mother in the mouth as his 10-year-old sister watched, but the mother was able to flee with the girl to a neighbor’s house for help.
Deputies arrived to find the son with a self-inflicted gunshot. He died at a hospital. He had reportedly been acting strangely before the shooting.
His mother was also taken to a local hospital before being flown to Sacred Heart in Spokane.
Most Read Local Stories
- State Court of Appeals rules Seattle’s wealth tax is unconstitutional, but gives cities new leeway
- Seattle's weekend of violence stretched police thin, chief says
- Armed man attacking Tacoma's ICE detention center killed in officer-involved shooting
- Driver hits 7-year-old on sidewalk, crashes into power pole in Magnolia
- Friday earthquakes on a crustal fault show it's not only the 'Big One' we should fear