Among those arrested were a convicted child molester registered as a sex offender, a formerly registered sex offender and a man who brought a gun, knife and handcuffs with him.
Authorities say Seattle police arrested 139 men in a weeklong prostitution sting.
Seattle City Attorney Pete Holmes says he’s reviewing the cases for charges of sexual exploitation, a misdemeanor.
The sting operation occurred June 24 to July 1 at a storefront on Aurora Avenue North. A similar operation last year yielded 204 arrests.
Among those arrested this year were a convicted child molester registered as a sex offender, a formerly registered sex offender and a man who brought a gun, knife and handcuffs with him.
Most Read Local Stories
- Washington may become first state to legalize human composting
- What an Olympic medalist, homeless in Seattle, wants you to know
- Washington state senator draws anger after saying nurses probably spend time playing cards
- Mayor Durkan asks state to investigate why Yakima County Jail inmates were released into downtown Seattle parking lot WATCH
- Man's 8th DUI arrest is among Washington's most extreme cases of chronic drunken driving WATCH
Holmes says law enforcement agencies in Seattle and King County work with nongovernmental agencies to connect those engaged in commercial sex with services.