Among those arrested were a convicted child molester registered as a sex offender, a formerly registered sex offender and a man who brought a gun, knife and handcuffs with him.
Authorities say Seattle police arrested 139 men in a weeklong prostitution sting.
Seattle City Attorney Pete Holmes says he’s reviewing the cases for charges of sexual exploitation, a misdemeanor.
The sting operation occurred June 24 to July 1 at a storefront on Aurora Avenue North. A similar operation last year yielded 204 arrests.
Among those arrested this year were a convicted child molester registered as a sex offender, a formerly registered sex offender and a man who brought a gun, knife and handcuffs with him.
Most Read Local Stories
- Tim Eyman under investigation in theft of $70 chair from Office Depot WATCH
- Amazon puts the smile in federal income taxes — by not paying any | Danny Westneat
- How Puget Sound-area school districts will make up days lost to historic snowfall
- Former Eastside lawmaker arrested after drinking with underage relative, police say
- Lawsuit alleges Arlington police 'radically escalated' encounter with distraught girl, 17, before shooting her
Holmes says law enforcement agencies in Seattle and King County work with nongovernmental agencies to connect those engaged in commercial sex with services.