The two-day operation targeted 18 homes and two storage units in Renton, Federal Way, Auburn, Pacific, Kent, Seattle and unincorporated King County,
Detectives arrested 10 people and seized more than 7,600 marijuana plants during a two-day operation targeting illegal grows, according to the King County Sheriff’s Office.
During the operation last week, detectives served 18 search warrants on homes and two storage units in Renton, Federal Way, Auburn, Pacific, Kent, Seattle and unincorporated King County, according to a news release.
The sheriff’s office says the marijuana plants were valued at $7.6 million. Detectives also seized 783 pounds of processed marijuana, valued at $2.3 million, and 10 homes, four vehicles, an RV and more than $200,000 in cash.
The Sheriff’s Office says the marijuana is suspected of being bound for the East Coast.
Most Read Local Stories
- Dallas-bound flight returns to Seattle after human heart was left onboard
- We now know where Seattle's airborne heart was headed after Southwest flight was turned around
- Burned bear Cinder shot and killed by hunter in Washington
- Rare brain-eating amoebas killed Seattle woman who rinsed her sinuses with tap water. Doctor warns this could happen again
- Gov. Inslee proposes $54.4B state budget with new tax on capital gains