Lakewood police say shots may have come from inside the club and outside the building.
One person died and three others were injured after an early morning shooting at a nightclub in Lakewood.
Police responded to the scene at New World VIP Lounge after the 1:25 a.m. Sunday shooting, Lakewood police said in a statement posted on the department’s Twitter account. They helped three victims with gunshot wounds and took them to a hospital, where one died of his injuries. Friends took a fourth victim to the hospital.
All surviving victims are expected to recover from their injuries.
Lakewood police say they don’t know what happened before the shooting or who the suspects are. Police say there appear to have been three shooters and about 20 shots were fired. Shots may have come from inside the club and outside the building.
Most Read Local Stories
- Debt collectors that ‘sue, sue, sue’ can squeeze Washington state consumers for more cash
- Charging extra to get there? The Boeing story is yet another sign we're a corporatocracy | Danny Westneat
- City removes homeless camp near Seattle's Fremont Troll that was site of overdoses
- Woman sets world record in Seattle for calculating the value of pi to 31.4 trillion decimal places | Nicole Brodeur
- Man dies after bus hits his car on I-90 near North Bend
Surveillance footage from a nearby business showed three shooters running from the scene.