Lakewood police say shots may have come from inside the club and outside the building.
One person died and three others were injured after an early morning shooting at a nightclub in Lakewood.
Police responded to the scene at New World VIP Lounge after the 1:25 a.m. Sunday shooting, Lakewood police said in a statement posted on the department’s Twitter account. They helped three victims with gunshot wounds and took them to a hospital, where one died of his injuries. Friends took a fourth victim to the hospital.
All surviving victims are expected to recover from their injuries.
Lakewood police say they don’t know what happened before the shooting or who the suspects are. Police say there appear to have been three shooters and about 20 shots were fired. Shots may have come from inside the club and outside the building.
Most Read Local Stories
- Man dies in Lake Washington while paddleboarding, police say
- Notice a bunny boom? Here are some reasons for the Seattle area's recent rise in rabbits VIEW
- Seattle summer weather is back to normal. Here's your forecast for the week.
- Seattle could be next to try Dutch-style bike-friendly intersection design
- SDOT data shows nearly 100 serious-injury or fatal collisions on Seattle streets in first half of 2019
Surveillance footage from a nearby business showed three shooters running from the scene.