Lakewood police say shots may have come from inside the club and outside the building.
One person died and three others were injured after an early morning shooting at a nightclub in Lakewood.
Police responded to the scene at New World VIP Lounge after the 1:25 a.m. Sunday shooting, Lakewood police said in a statement posted on the department’s Twitter account. They helped three victims with gunshot wounds and took them to a hospital, where one died of his injuries. Friends took a fourth victim to the hospital.
All surviving victims are expected to recover from their injuries.
Lakewood police say they don’t know what happened before the shooting or who the suspects are. Police say there appear to have been three shooters and about 20 shots were fired. Shots may have come from inside the club and outside the building.
Most Read Local Stories
- Hostages rescued and freed, 16-hour standoff with armed man in Issaquah ends in flames
- Bernie Sanders tells big Tacoma Dome crowd the Democratic establishment 'should be getting nervous' VIEW
- Where others failed, now Amazon is taking up the case against the president
- City Light is struggling to keep up with repairs as wire thieves knock out Seattle streetlights
- Seattle is so far gone on inequality we're beyond the movie 'Parasite'
Surveillance footage from a nearby business showed three shooters running from the scene.