Lakewood police say shots may have come from inside the club and outside the building.
One person died and three others were injured after an early morning shooting at a nightclub in Lakewood.
Police responded to the scene at New World VIP Lounge after the 1:25 a.m. Sunday shooting, Lakewood police said in a statement posted on the department’s Twitter account. They helped three victims with gunshot wounds and took them to a hospital, where one died of his injuries. Friends took a fourth victim to the hospital.
All surviving victims are expected to recover from their injuries.
Lakewood police say they don’t know what happened before the shooting or who the suspects are. Police say there appear to have been three shooters and about 20 shots were fired. Shots may have come from inside the club and outside the building.
Most Read Local Stories
- Three people found dead in Sammamish home WATCH
- How the first two days of post-viaduct commutes unfolded: Early morning traffic jams, then mostly smooth
- 'Nonessential': The federal shutdown's most unusual victim is one of the Northwest's best-kept secrets | Danny Westneat
- Some potential block-by-block changes to Seattle's plan to upzone 27 neighborhoods
- Third Seattle middle-school student dies from injuries suffered in summer car crash
Surveillance footage from a nearby business showed three shooters running from the scene.