Lakewood police say shots may have come from inside the club and outside the building.
One person died and three others were injured after an early morning shooting at a nightclub in Lakewood.
Police responded to the scene at New World VIP Lounge after the 1:25 a.m. Sunday shooting, Lakewood police said in a statement posted on the department’s Twitter account. They helped three victims with gunshot wounds and took them to a hospital, where one died of his injuries. Friends took a fourth victim to the hospital.
All surviving victims are expected to recover from their injuries.
Lakewood police say they don’t know what happened before the shooting or who the suspects are. Police say there appear to have been three shooters and about 20 shots were fired. Shots may have come from inside the club and outside the building.
Most Read Local Stories
- King County's top health official recommends masks in public indoor spaces — regardless of vaccination status
- The most influential spreader of coronavirus misinformation online
- Yes, it's still summer in Seattle, but our days before 'the Big Dark' are numbered
- Delta coronavirus variant now dominant in Washington. New study questions J&J vaccine efficacy against strain
- Like Mordor: A Central Washington town had the worst air quality in the U.S.
Surveillance footage from a nearby business showed three shooters running from the scene.