Lakewood police say shots may have come from inside the club and outside the building.
One person died and three others were injured after an early morning shooting at a nightclub in Lakewood.
Police responded to the scene at New World VIP Lounge after the 1:25 a.m. Sunday shooting, Lakewood police said in a statement posted on the department’s Twitter account. They helped three victims with gunshot wounds and took them to a hospital, where one died of his injuries. Friends took a fourth victim to the hospital.
All surviving victims are expected to recover from their injuries.
Lakewood police say they don’t know what happened before the shooting or who the suspects are. Police say there appear to have been three shooters and about 20 shots were fired. Shots may have come from inside the club and outside the building.
Most Read Local Stories
- Mount Rainier National Park suspends ground search for missing UW professor
- Military, police in Washington state prepare for possible civil unrest after election
- Crews vacuum 'murder hornets' out of nest in Washington state VIEW
- Coronavirus daily news updates, October 24: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- Did your ballot reach its destination? Here's how to track it in Washington state
Surveillance footage from a nearby business showed three shooters running from the scene.