King County sheriff’s detectives say that a man who was slain near a Covington home on Sunday was bludgeoned to death and not shot as originally reported.
The Sheriff’s Office initially said the victim, a 48-year-old man, was shot in the head by a 26-year-old acquaintance, who was arrested at the scene. The victim was found in a trailer parked behind a house in the 26800 block of 172nd Place Southeast.
A 911 caller had told the Sheriff’s Office the victim had been shot.
The Sheriff’s Office said Monday the investigation revealed the victim had actually been bludgeoned. The circumstances leading up to the altercation are still being investigated, the Sheriff’s Office said.
Most Read Local Stories
- This says it all: Congressman proposes 'Masks Off Act' for schools as 29% of COVID cases in his area are in schoolchildren
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- Lack of answers is excruciating for family of man found shot to death at Seattle's Gas Works Park
- Shooting near WSU kills man who worked for Somali American community, injures Cougar football player
- Light rail ready to open at Northgate, transforming more than just commutes